No announcement yet.

Need a solid arms and shoulders workout plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Compound exercises are your friend, It's hard to formulate level of weights because I don't know your working weight for reps. If you want growth don't work out one muscle group more than twice a week and make sure you eat a good ratio of carbs/fats and protein. The guide tends to be one gram of protein for every pound of muscle you have on your body. I up the weight each set so the last set should be really hard.

My routine goes something like this at least for the next 8 week until I change it up -

Monday - Flat Barbell Bench Press 10 reps 3 sets (upping the weight each set if the last set is too easy you up the weight), Incline Dumbell Press 10x3, Flyes 10x3, Tricep Kickbacks 10x3 and Tricep extensions (10x3) and finish with tricep dips until failure.

Tuesday - Pullups (3 sets until failure), Bent over Barbell Rows 10x3, EZ bar bicep curl 10x3 , Hammer curls 10x3, Concentration curls 10x3

Wednesday - Cardio day - Interval Sprints and Boxing

Thursday - Barbell Shoulder Press 10x3, Dumbell Raises 10x3, Barbell Shrugs 10x3, Weighted Decline Situps 3 sets until failure.

Friday - Squats 5x5, Reverse Dumbell Lunges 10x3, Deadlift 5x5.

Saturday and Sunday are active recovery and Cardio days, I will jog for a few miles, box sometime but it's about resting, sleeping well and eating right (and eating a lot) and starting again on Monday.

The most important exercises for strength and growth are Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts, Pull Ups, Standing Shoulder Press and Tricep Dips.

They target all muscle groups and will push you to growth more than any isolation exercise you do.
    Nice routine bro

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      pistolero i assume ur young and stupid and just want to look good. so listen to the bolded advice.

ur muscle will grow naturally, just box.
      Na man, it's because my arms and shoulders aren't as toned up as I'd like. The muscles are there but there's no mass

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      Compound exercises are your friend, It's hard to formulate level of weights because I don't know your working weight for reps. If you want growth don't work out one muscle group more than twice a week and make sure you eat a good ratio of carbs/fats and protein. The guide tends to be one gram of protein for every pound of muscle you have on your body. I up the weight each set so the last set should be really hard.

My routine goes something like this at least for the next 8 week until I change it up -

Monday - Flat Barbell Bench Press 10 reps 3 sets (upping the weight each set if the last set is too easy you up the weight), Incline Dumbell Press 10x3, Flyes 10x3, Tricep Kickbacks 10x3 and Tricep extensions (10x3) and finish with tricep dips until failure.

Tuesday - Pullups (3 sets until failure), Bent over Barbell Rows 10x3, EZ bar bicep curl 10x3 , Hammer curls 10x3, Concentration curls 10x3

Wednesday - Cardio day - Interval Sprints and Boxing

Thursday - Barbell Shoulder Press 10x3, Dumbell Raises 10x3, Barbell Shrugs 10x3, Weighted Decline Situps 3 sets until failure.

Friday - Squats 5x5, Reverse Dumbell Lunges 10x3, Deadlift 5x5.

Saturday and Sunday are active recovery and Cardio days, I will jog for a few miles, box sometime but it's about resting, sleeping well and eating right (and eating a lot) and starting again on Monday.

The most important exercises for strength and growth are Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts, Pull Ups, Standing Shoulder Press and Tricep Dips.

They target all muscle groups and will push you to growth more than any isolation exercise you do.
      Top stuff man, I'll use this

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
      Just do push ups,as many as you can do before your arms collapse...best and oldest work out around....or get a job labouring ha
      My chest workout is purely plyos man like I'll do five sets of 12 clap push ups with a min rest in between each set then at the end, do as much push ups until I collapse

Comment

If you're doing a boxing routine that consists of speed bag, heavy bag, double end bag, sparring, etc. then all you need to gain mass is to EAT I'm skinny af and I have done research for the past 2 years on how to gain weight. The answer is always the same, EAT MORE. I realized I couldn't afford, financially, the diet to gain weight. Instead, I decided to make myself the strongest version of myself. I designed a workout routine that emphasized the pyramid training routine. First set of every exercise was 12 then 11...10...9 and so on. I trained to failure every time and got a lot stronger after 3 months. I weighed 125lbs over the 3 months but my bench went up to 140lbs from 100lbs.

Regardless of any rep range you do, you will get stronger no matter what. Boxers can learn something from bodybuilders in the essence of weight gaining. Kali Muscle and Rich Piana are the guys I watch about weight gaining. They are roided af but just taking roids won't make you big.

A routine could look like this:
        Bench Press: 5 sets of Pyramid Training
        Deadlift: 3 sets. 5,3,1 reps.
        Clean and Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps

All workouts should be done with explosive power and with time under tension no more than 1 seconds per rep for Dead lift and Bench Press. Clean and Press should have time under tension as no more than 2 seconds per rep.

Weight lifting is meant to build STRENGTH....NOT SPEED OR POWER. When people say that the physique of a boxer is irrelevant, they are bull****ers. No matter what strength training plan you have, if it is effective then the physique will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X