No announcement yet.

Fury was getting outboxed by Steve Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    That could be his game plan along but I just wonder how long could Fury last catching flush punches to the head and body against a slugger who punches as hard Deontay Wilder in the trenches?

He may be able to last the distance but Wilder's heavier artillery and firepower will probably still be too much for him to overcome. Furthermore, I just wonder how much more can his body sustain after all the abuse he has put it through?
    Wilder would need to fight at a pace we haven’t seen more and employ a dedicated body attack in order for the abuse Fury’s body has taken to show. And that’s not Wilder’s game.

If I’m Fury, I’m going to try to keep him at the end of my jab or in close quarters and maul him there. Wilder likes space to operate. This could go many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Wilder would need to fight at a pace we haven’t seen more and employ a dedicated body attack in order for the abuse Fury’s body has taken to show. And that’s not Wilder’s game.

If I’m Fury, I’m going to try to keep him at the end of my jab or in close quarters and maul him there. Wilder likes space to operate. This could go many ways.
      No. This is a mismatch.

Wilder is going to end furys career in under 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        6 years ago. Right. And he's now 6 years older, 2 years removed from his PED banning, and in his last fight looked slow as hell.

But you think 6 years later he's going to be slicker ? LMAO!
        He's making a comeback, this takes time and this is public information so forget the 2 years since the fake ban you dumb cùnt.

Look at his body of work SINCE then. Vlad hadly won 2 rounds and AJ went life and death with Vlad. Not getting hit by Vlad for 12 rounds makes you a pretty slick Boxer.

Why the fùck do you have to respond to everyones post in seperate posts? That's spamming. Just make one post instead of responding every 2-4 minutes later.

You're just a hater and haters get ignored. Your arguments are baseless and you're just here to bark like a pitbull when in real life if you did that you would get your teeth knocked down your throat. You know it and I know it.

Why you gonna stick up for a chump who fought cab drivers 95% if his career anyway? Waste of space.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          stop with this fury is this atg slick boxer who can't be touched BS.

I've watched the Steve Cunningham fight and Fury went into that fight trying to box with Steve. Cunningham was outboxing him, making FUry miss, and countering him.

It was until about round 3-4 that Fury realized he was losing the boxing match and then literally came forward with two hands up like a tank and used the weight advantage.

Fury isn't this slick boxer you're making him out to be.

Fury fights off his back foot and he won't be able to to that successfully vs Wilder because Wilder is more athletic, he has faster hands and feet, and he has the power to make Fury not throw punches.

Fury is getting sparked out 100%
          Cunningham is not a heavyweight so he will outbox Fury. You have to compare like with like. Smaller guys are generally faster but don't have the power.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

I agree. Wilder has to set a fast pace because Fury's main strategy is to avoid the right hand and not engage by running out the clock.

However, if Fury does decide to maul Wilder on the inside, then he will leave himself vulnerable to Deontay's punching power; Mainly the right hand uppercuts and left hooks.

I will say this; If by any chance, Wilder is able to locate and connect on Fury from the outside, by either hurting or knocking him down, then yes I can see a scenario where Fury will resort to mauling him on the inside, in attempt too smother Deontay's power.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              You really shouldn't be mentioning " Rocks " on here because you are smart as a box of them...lol

Help me out here bubba. How does responding with nothing of substance and plenty of emotion make you anything but a sissy?

You don't want to talk to me about Foreman, Marciano, or Wilder but it is important to you for me to know how you feel about drawing a comparison between the three? Have a good day Susan.

Comment

And then he went on to outbox Wlad, comfortably.

What you're effectively saying, is that because Fury was apparently outboxed by Cunningham, he's then going to be outboxed by a guy who...doesn't actually outbox anyone. Great f**king logic mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Daigo View Post
                  Cunningham was a bum.
                  Yeah a multiple CW world champion was a bum, ok buddy.

Comment

Who remembers the last time Fury took a punch in a fight? Chisora didn't land a glove on him, nor did Hammer, nor Wlad, and certainly not Sefari and Pianetta.

Comment

Deontay wins the Fury fight all night via BBC (Bad Bad Crushing)

Comment

Working...
                      X