Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter got 'exposed' the worst in 2018?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest exposures were on the mental side. I still think Golovkin and Kovalev are great fighters but:

Kovalev hasn't been the same, lost his menace and viciousness. Almost scared of being hit in the body now.
    Golovkin's nasty side came out, storming out of the ring and acting like a diva wanting an immediate rematch

Comment

Lomachenko. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        Maybe Kovalev losing to Alveraz.
        No-one picked that to happen.
        We all knew Deontay was gonna lose rounds until he produced the equaliser, so nothing special their.
        I still think GGG won both fights.
        So Kovalev for me.
        I wouldn’t say he was exposed as we knew what his limitations were. I think that was just more a case of Alvarez being better than we thought

Comment

Nobody got seriously exposed this year. If I had to pick someone, I'll go with Stevenson, Brook and Wilder.

Golovkin-Canelo was very close and both proved elite. No exposure.
          Kov was leading Alvarez on all cards before the stoppage, he's still a good boxer.. although his stamina is continuing to show serious cracks.
          Joshua had some decisions wins. There's a reason almost nobody ends their career with 90% KO rate.
          Loma got caught against Linares due to his own stupidity, but was dominant otherwise.

Brook looked like crap his last 2 fights. He's also talking about going to 147 again.. Imbecile
          Wilder basically lost to an out of shape world class boxer who hasn't fought anyone with a pulse in 3 years. Yeah, Fury was good, but that doesn't change facts.
          And Stevenson - I don't want to trash on since he's in the hospital, but what everyone thought about him was proven correct. He cherrypicked for years, and as soon as he got into the ring with a legit challenger he was thoroughly outclassed.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            Wilder...he got completely exposed
            You didn't know Wilder couldn't box before his fight with Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              You didn't know Wilder couldn't box before his fight with Fury?
              I knew it but i came across multiple people that said he has the full package

Comment

I wouldn’t say Wilder cause any sensible person knew he couldn’t box for shyte.... it’s just some of his fan boys that might have to face harsh reality in regards to his utter lack of skill.

“Wilder uses angles” loool

I will say the talk of him being really fast and having endless stamina did get exposed as myth though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  Anthony Joshua. For all his claims that Wilder is difficult to deal with in negotiations...Wilder showed that if you want to get a deal done it can be quick and easy. And then went on to put on a show that pushed AJ and Eddie to the background. AJ exposed as a ducker.
                  I was wondering how long it would take for this type of answer. Not long at all. Shouldnt you be busy thinking up more excuses as to why Wilder didnt win and isnt just an unskilled fool with a bit of power that has lost a hell of alot of credit due to him being a donkey.?

When team Wilder are refusing to talk, refusing to reply to emails, refusing to sign contracts, refusing to look at contracts and giving people 24 hours to accept a contract that doesnt even come with a contract id say they could be seen as pretty hard to deal with in negotiations.

But you Wilder fools refuse any notion of sense because all notions of sense go well against the crap you are all trying to peddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                    Anthony Joshua. For all his claims that Wilder is difficult to deal with in negotiations...Wilder showed that if you want to get a deal done it can be quick and easy. And then went on to put on a show that pushed AJ and Eddie to the background. AJ exposed as a ducker.
                    Joshua:
                    Beats undefeated Parker in March.

Knocks out Povetkin who has never been never been stopped before in September.

2-0 for 2018

Wilder:
                    Beats a washed up Stiverne who was out of shape and hadn't fought since 2015.

Beats a 45 year old Ortiz coming off a 3 week training camp who suffers from high blood pressure who had Wilder out on his feet but the ref stopped the action to allow Wilder to recover. Saved by the ref.

Had to have a stage draw in order to secure a rematch with a Tyson Fury who had been out of the ring for 3 years suffering from drug addiciton and a mental breakdown. Fury had to fake a KD in the 12th rd to make the draw plausible because he was outboxing Wilder so badly. Saved by judges.

2-0-1 for 2018

You can draw your own conclusions.

Comment

ggg
                      dogboe
                      kovalev
                      broner

Comment

Working...
                      X