Collapse
No announcement yet.

VADA: Tom Loeffler’s tweets regarding Golovkin/Alvarez testing are not correct

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VADA: Tom Loeffler’s tweets regarding Golovkin/Alvarez testing are not correct

A random discussion on social media called to question whether or not Alvarez remained enrolled in VADA’s program without interruption. The inquiry came about after the agency welcomed to the program reigning secondary super middleweight titlist Rocky Fielding, who will face Alvarez on December 15 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The conversation took a bizarre turn when Tom Loeffler—managing director of 360 Promotions and the driving force behind Golovkin’s career—offered a response suggesting that post-fight testing was yet another angle in the rivalry in which their side was dealt the short straw.

“VADA scheduled a random test for GGG a week after the fight,” Loeffler stated on social media. “I made sure that Canelo was also going to be tested. Next day the random test was cancelled. Strange that it was scheduled then cancelled, maybe Canelo was already in [Mexico] eating steaks celebrating his ‘decision’.”

Not only was it the wrong setting for such a pointed remark but was entirely incorrect in its implication.

The eventually canceled test was initially scheduled by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which has often contracted VADA for testing needs. However, the decision to test both fighters that far after the fight was not made by VADA, as Golovkin’s specific obligation to the program ended on fight night.

“Tom Loeffler’s tweets regarding Golovkin/Alvarez testing are not correct,” Goodman told *************.com via email in response to the conversation. “VADA tested both fighters many times leading up to their rematch and post-fight. Mr. Alvarez remains in VADA’s year-round testing program and subject to testing.

“Golovkin’s program ended September 15, 2018. The commission initially requested that we arrange to test both fighters again. Since many fighters travel after an event, and as Golovkin was no longer in VADA we confirmed his whereabouts. However, soon after the confirmation, the commission changed their decision.”

The decision as well as Goodman’s take were both subsequently confirmed by Golovkin’s side while offering its best efforts to walk back such comments.

“It was not VADA that cancelled the test, apparently it was the Commission,” Loeffler confirmed to *************.com via text. “I didn’t mean to disparage VADA in any way; I’m a firm believer in what they do and that they are the best testing we have to try to prevent any banned substance use. Their testing is what showed the two positive tests for Canelo for Clenbuterol and that wouldn’t have shown up had we not started early testing with VADA.

“They cancelled the test for GGG, not sure what they did with Canelo, I just figured both were cancelled, but that information would have to come from VADA or the commission. We have insisted on VADA testing for all of the GGG fights as well as (former World heavyweight champion Wladimir) Klitschko fights in Europe and Moscow, so we believe in their testing program being effective and complimenting the WBC clean boxing program.”
    Read the rest here:
    https://goo.gl/P4D9is
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 11-21-2018, 10:28 PM.

Koba-Grozny TonyGe Robbie Barrett icha .!WAR MIKEY! GAME OVER Songbird
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 11-20-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

GGG's team has been embarrassing since the loss. Only one who has been respectable is Abel, and that is the last guy you would have guessed if you didn't know any better.

Comment

I just wanna know why is Loeffler and GGG talking about everything but the awful way Golovkin fought that fight?

Comment

I said it when it came out that loeffler was full of shyt. It was obvious he was on some late night drunk tweeting shyt and it backfired. Immediately roasted by fans on Twitter because the holes in his story. Raised red flags because on himself and GGG because VADA testing is supposed to be...random meaning no fighters or promoters know when they come let alone schedule it. So he basically accused himself of cheating by knowing when the random test is happening. And now VADA forced to respond and make him look bad, like a liar and sore loser they also exposed one nugget. That canelo is still in year round VADA testing while GGG has opted out of VADA. So he's not being tested at all and has never been in true year round testing. Nothing shady about that at all LMAO

Comment

Cheers, man. So it kinda was - as I suggested, an issue of having to make sure of Golovkin's whereabouts, but it wan't part of the agreed VADA testing protocol but rather some unexplained extra test request from NSAC.

****. Now it's got me wondering what that's all about?

Comment

I don't see a 3rd Fight happening now especially with the stuff that is being said from GGG side

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                I just wanna know why is Loeffler and GGG talking about everything but the awful way Golovkin fought that fight?
                Awful? He was fighting a younger, faster opponent who could beat him to the punch... he fought a textbook back foot fight, circling backwards without ever really giving up center ring or going to the ropes for any length of time. Outlanded Canelo and looked to kinda stun him for a short spell. I ain't really fussing about the result - what's done is done, but if that's 'fighting awfully' you must think GGG is hella more capable than I do.

That said, bringing this up now ain't a good look for Loeffler really, pointless and through the wrong channels - not only that but he either misunderstood who requested the test or understood and tried to make it appear that the blame lay elsewhere than it did... neither of which paints a good picture.

Comment

So Loeffler is a liar and Golovkin is no longer in VADA testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Cheers, man. So it kinda was - as I suggested, an issue of having to make sure of Golovkin's whereabouts, but it wan't part of the agreed VADA testing protocol but rather some unexplained extra test request from NSAC.

****. Now it's got me wondering what that's all about?
                    Also proved exactly what I told you that Canelo was tested immediately after the fight. He passed every VADA tested before and after the fight. Idiots were saying Canelo went a week without being tested after the fight. BS Nevada, WBC and VADA all require a drug test on fight night. There is nothing more that needs to be explained Loeffler did what he has been doing since the moment Canelo broke GGG's face and took his manhood and his belts...which is crying, excuse making, throwing out accusations and conspiracy theories all to try and explain away why GGG lost. Meanwhile GGG running out the ring without doing interviews like a bytch showing disrespect to fans, media and the sport. The only 1 in that entire camp that acted like a man was Able Sanchez.

GGG's loud mouth trainer was caught telling GGG he was losing the fight on camera then doubled down and told every reporter after the fight that he didn't think GGG won the fight and that the judges did a good job and that he can't argue their decision. Then said that Canelo was vindicated and that we have to believe his story because he took and passed all the tests and performed great. It's time for GGG fans and especially Tom Loeffler to listen GGG's trainer and admit and accept the fact that he lost. And the most shady part here is that we now know GGG is not and has NEVER been in year long VADA testing and specifically opted out of VADA immediately after the fight. Why the phuk ain't GGG doing drug testing?

Comment

Working...
                    X