Comments Thread For: Robert Guerrero Captures WBC Gold, Decisions Aydin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat< View Post
    i had it even going into the last 2 rounds
    Aydin landed the clean hard shots; Guerrero won on activity. But for all the many more punches he threw, he only outlanded Aydin by 60 or so punches.

I saw Guerrero staggered a couple of times in that fight; can't say the same for Aydin.

Close fight - that one judge scored it way too wide for Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by etradervic View Post
      Guerrero's first fight at 147 against Aydin who hasn't beat anyone and its for a WBC Title. LOL. A WBC belt isn't worth anymore than a belt you can buy at Walmart.
      You are a nobody that never even stepped in the ring before, you talk bull ****! try getting hit hard like that, most likely you would go crying to your mama punk!

Comment

Guerrero doesn't have the power to be fighting at 147. Even at 135 he wasn't a huge puncher. He should have tried his luck at 140 first, just because he couldn't get a fight with Khan doesn't mean there aren't good fights to be made in the division.

Comment

Guerrero is a damn warrior, such a pleasure to watch, he brings excitement and great boxing at the same time. How can you not like this guy, dude has a ton of heart, makes all his fights exciting, and isn't afraid to brawl.

I was extremely impressed with Guerrero, came after a 15 month stress filled lay off he defeats a solid fighter after moving up 2 weight divisions!

I thought Guerrero also hurt himself by starting off so fast and tired himself out, all that adrenaline and emotion got to him.

Comment

Literally!!! lol, they tried, but that fight was boring az shhhyt! should have been the undercard.. I couldn't even keep my eyes open.. Guerrero is not on Floyd's level by any means its really a joke that he still got his name in his mouth, I'd much rather see a Guerrero vs Khan/Ortiz/even Paulie!

Comment

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
              You are a nobody that never even stepped in the ring before, you talk bull ****! try getting hit hard like that, most likely you would go crying to your mama punk!
              he is just saying what most people see..this is a legit fight for a title? c'mon bro... a guy who sits out over a year, jumps two weight classes and fights someone who never fought in the states and boom Champion??

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Ubermensch View Post
                Aydin landed the clean hard shots; Guerrero won on activity. But for all the many more punches he threw, he only outlanded Aydin by 60 or so punches.

I saw Guerrero staggered a couple of times in that fight; can't say the same for Aydin.

Close fight - that one judge scored it way too wide for Guerrero.
                yah i thought it was a close fight also, but Guerrero did enough and landed his hard shots as well.
                Last edited by Toltec77; 07-29-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
                  yah i thought it was a close fight also, but Guerrero did enough and landed hes hard shots as well.
                  I'm not arguing that he didn't win, but it was very close. 117-111 is a ridiculous score.

No way was it that wide -- Bernstein was giving Guerrero too much credit all night.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                    he is just saying what most people see..this is a legit fight for a title? c'mon bro... a guy who sits out over a year, jumps two weight classes and fights someone who never fought in the states and boom Champion??
                    Well he had good reason for being out of boxing, didn't you hear want he and his wife went through, its pretty impressive going up two weight classing and beating the guy, you got to give him credit for that.
                    Last edited by Toltec77; 07-29-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Guerrero is a bum. Kept holding all night. I hate seeing fights like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X