Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno vs Buster Douglas/holyfield/bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Bruno vs Buster Douglas/holyfield/bowe?

How would bruno do in his prime against douglas/holyfield/bowe???

IMO Frank would lose by KO to those fighters

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      IMO Frank would lose by KO to those fighters
      Im with u, tho Douglas would have to fight well and he didnt always do that

Im just away to read Bruno's book - FRANK. Skimmed through it today real quick and read a few lines about him vs Tyson in Franks words, pretty funny stuff as a huge Tyson fan!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Im with u, tho Douglas would have to fight well and he didnt always do that

Im just away to read Bruno's book - FRANK. Skimmed through it today real quick and read a few lines about him vs Tyson in Franks words, pretty funny stuff as a huge Tyson fan!
        yes Buster would need to be at the top of his game to beat Frank because a clip from Frank could put Buster to sleep for the night.. it would be an interesting fight to see how Frank's jab matched up to Busters.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          yes Buster would need to be at the top of his game to beat Frank because a clip from Frank could put Buster to sleep for the night.. it would be an interesting fight to see how Frank's jab matched up to Busters.
          That would be intresting come to think of it, Bruno had a heavy strong jab but id rather have Busters i think, much faster and had more snap

Comment

Not sure how a douglas fight would play out. i honestly think that bruno would be ahead on the scorecards after 6rds vs bowe & holy. but i see both coming from behind & stopping bruno late. both holy and bowe had problems with jabbers. thats why big frank would have an early advantage

Comment

Bruno KOs Douglas inside of 6 rounds.

Bowe and Holyfield annihilate Bruno within 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                That would be intresting come to think of it, Bruno had a heavy strong jab but id rather have Busters i think, much faster and had more snap
                Buster also moved better, lighter on his feet and I think he would've been circling Bruno a lot, trying to use angles. If they are both on their very best night I would say a Douglas decision, even in Frank best performance (vs McCall) he faded late, so the championship rounds are where I see Douglas edging a close fight.

Bruno-Buster is the real interesting matchup, I think the other two don't really have much doubt to them in my mind.

Comment

The problem with Frank was that if he ever fought anyone above a journeyman or who wasn't shot, he lost. He was game and gave it all he had but if the other guy was any good and was there to fight he'd beat Bruno. If Douglas came in like he did against Holyfield then Bruno has a chance but otherwise I'd bet on the other guy

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                    The problem with Frank was that if he ever fought anyone above a journeyman or who wasn't shot, he lost. He was game and gave it all he had but if the other guy was any good and was there to fight he'd beat Bruno. If Douglas came in like he did against Holyfield then Bruno has a chance but otherwise I'd bet on the other guy
                    Bingo. Someone above us mentioned Holyfield & Bowe would trail Bruno for a time, because they had trouble with good jabbers. Problem with that is Bruno had a problem of his own --- credible opponents. Such were kryptonite to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X