Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the WBC Diamond Belt more of a TROPHY then TITLE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the WBC Diamond Belt more of a TROPHY then TITLE?

I was reading one of the recent threads and I seen that the WBC wants to offer the "DIAMOND BELT" to the winner of Mosley and Mayweather in the same division that Pac beat Cotto in... I thought when Pac had won it it was a NEW title that he would eventually have to defend but seeing that its been offered to Mayweather and Mosley does it make it just a reward for a super fight or was it actually a real title that Pac Vacated? Can someone please explain....

It comes down to the WBC wants a piece of the pie, they want some money off this fight. So they created a belt that has absolutely no purpose or meaning what so ever, other than a nice scam for Jose Sulimon and the WBC crooks to get a lil money. Floyd should turn it down.

Comment

It is what every young boy dreams of receiving as a champion. It is filled with rubies and diamonds and high sanctioning fees.

Comment

I also feel that it downgrades Berto as the WBC champion as well... Like his title is 2nd hand now...

Comment

A fight for a title shot for the real WBC,IBO,or WBA belt>>Diamond Belt

Comment

Suiliman is a crooked piece of ****. he once charged Pavlik a $25k sanctioning fee for a non-title, over the weight fight against Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
              Suiliman is a crooked piece of ****. he once charged Pavlik a $25k sanctioning fee for a non-title, over the weight fight against Taylor.
              wow thats really crazy right there

Comment

seriously... does anyone have an answer? Is it a real title that PAC vacated or just a small reward for a great fight?

Comment

Is not a championship, it is a trophy... It is rewarded to huge fights that does not have a major title on the line. But, is no championship, it does not have any rankings. You can not lose the belt. So basically it is just a trophy that you to pay a fee to get though...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Is not a championship, it is a trophy... It is rewarded to huge fights that does not have a major title on the line. But, is no championship, it does not have any rankings. You can not lose the belt. So basically it is just a trophy that you to pay a fee to get though...
                    WOW what a WASTE of time and MONEY... Who wants to pay for a trophy that THEY'VE won??? I bet that mess wont be around too much longer... its even worse then the WBA's SUPER CHAMPION

Comment

Working...
                    X