Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Povetkin vs. Peter for the IBF interim heavyweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
    Peter has been coming in around 240, which is still huge but better then 265 ya kno? If he can come in under 235 I give him a good chance against suspect Povetkin. I say suspect cuz Chambers schooled him for five rounds and Povetkin really hasn't been tested.
    Chambers didn't school Povetkin for five rounds.

Chambers arguably won two of the first three rounds. Povetkin took over and dominated the 4th round, and won every round after that.

118-110 Povetkin.

Comment

Peter came in for the Chambers fight in awful shape & gave an awful effort - didn't seem to take it remotely seriously
      - lost the big one so he just wandered through a payday without any interest at all.

Now seems to have woken up a bit to the fact that he needs to get in shape & put in a decent effort, otherwise he's out...

If he comes in around 240 or under, should be a good test for Povetkin who needs more top level experience, & likely a good fight.
      Povetkin is vulnerable to the right early, & Peter can really punch, as well as being strong & tough..

Should be interesting if it comes off...

Comment

povetkin will win this by ud are ko. it will be a good win for him,but dont see how it helps him prepare for wlad? should have fought a tall fighterlike tony thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          Chambers didn't school Povetkin for five rounds.

Chambers arguably won two of the first three rounds. Povetkin took over and dominated the 4th round, and won every round after that.

118-110 Povetkin.
          Who do ya think win if Fast Eddie and Povetkin fought today?

Comment

Peter by KO!

Comment

Who do ya think win if Fast Eddie and Povetkin fought today?
              I think pov would win a similiar fight. chambers was a little heavy last time but pov reportedly had the flu so he may have been in worse shape than chambers that night

Comment

Povetkin beats Peter now. Peter doesn't look the same anymore since his no-show against Vitali.

Comment

This isn't a bad fight. Who cares if it's for an interim anything, the alphabet straps are shit anyways. I much preferred a rematch with Chambers, and yes Eddie made the fight close for the first 4 rounds, then he stopped throwing as a result of himself and mostly Povetkin. Samuel Peter is still a name and still has a punch and he finally has a competent promoter, Dino Duva snorted all the profit he got from having Peter and had to sell stake in him to King to pay off debts (this isn't a rumor, it's well known in the game). King could care less about any fighter not named Tito Trinidad so Peter suffered having him involved. Bob Arum I believe has him now, he can get you big fights and screw up chances at dream fights. But his fighters stay busy and he pays his bills. If Povetkin moves his head, this fight isn't close. Still would prefer Chambers, but keeping Sasha busy against a top 25 guy and on TV; no complaints here.

Comment

Peter has been coming in around 240, which is still huge but better then 265 ya kno? If he can come in under 235 I give him a good chance against suspect Povetkin. I say suspect cuz Chambers schooled him for five rounds and Povetkin really hasn't been tested.

What fight were you watching?

Povetkin beat the **** out of Chambers and made his whole family cry at ringside.

Your boy got

Povetkin vs Peter - I got Povetkin by UD
                    Last edited by Klitschko2011; 10-17-2009, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2009 View Post

What fight were you watching?

Povetkin beat the **** out of Chambers and made his whole family cry at ringside.

Your boy got

Povetkin vs Peter - I got Povetkin by UD
                      they were crying cause chambers was made to throw the fight(probably by the russian mafia) how else do you explain him schooling the pale blob for 4 rounds then all of a sudden he stopped throwing punches for the rest of the fight to insure he would lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X