Protein Shake Question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Shake Question?

Hey Guys

I've just started drinking protein shakes after my weight lifting workout. I take whey protien.

But I just wanted 2 know, is it ok just to have it with just organic milk? Because I hear alot of cats, say only add water.

I tryed that, but the taste was horrible and it was just undrinkable.

Am I still getting the same benifets of the protein by putting only milk in it, or not?

Thanks in advance

Lol.....yes milk is fine. If you have indigestion problems though, get whey Isolate and mix with water. If not, taking a whey protein blend with milk is fine.

Comment

If you are trying to keep your weight down, then it would be better to use water. Otherwise milk (Preferably Skim) is just fine.

If you are trying to keep your weight down or stable and can't stand the taste of the protein with water, then try to find a different type of protein powder. Usually Protein Powders with "fruity" flavors taste better with water than with milk.

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
        If you are trying to keep your weight down, then it would be better to use water. Otherwise milk (Preferably Skim) is just fine.

If you are trying to keep your weight down or stable and can't stand the taste of the protein with water, then try to find a different type of protein powder. Usually Protein Powders with "fruity" flavors taste better with water than with milk.
        No man, don't need 2 make weight, if anything want to put it on.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
          Hey Guys

I've just started drinking protein shakes after my weight lifting workout. I take whey protien.

But I just wanted 2 know, is it ok just to have it with just organic milk? Because I hear alot of cats, say only add water.

I tryed that, but the taste was horrible and it was just undrinkable.

Am I still getting the same benifets of the protein by putting only milk in it, or not?

Thanks in advance

Whatever you do stay away from these kinda protein shakes........................

Comment

Originally posted by jmacky View Post
            Lol.....yes milk is fine. If you have indigestion problems though, get whey Isolate and mix with water. If not, taking a whey protein blend with milk is fine.
            Just so people know, there's no such thing as a blend. I know how these lables say that they're product is a blend of whey isolate/whey concentrate. Truth is, when mixed together, it becomes 100% whey concentrate. How, being that concentrates have more fat, lactose, and cholesterol in them, they'll become part of the isolate which has little to none of those 3 things. If that's what you're referring to when you say, "taking a whey protein blend with milk." If not, then my mistake.

But yeah, always stick with whey isolates. Much better protein, cleaner and higher in BCAA's. Also, make sure each scoop contains over 80% protein.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyMarciano View Post
              Just so people know, there's no such thing as a blend. I know how these lables say that they're product is a blend of whey isolate/whey concentrate. Truth is, when mixed together, it becomes 100% whey concentrate. How, being that concentrates have more fat, lactose, and cholesterol in them, they'll become part of the isolate which has little to none of those 3 things. If that's what you're referring to when you say, "taking a whey protein blend with milk." If not, then my mistake.

But yeah, always stick with whey isolates. Much better protein, cleaner and higher in BCAA's. Also, make sure each scoop contains over 80% protein.
              ^ Yeah...concentrates...tahts what its called.

Comment

you'll be fine with skimmed milk if you want to make weight.

but seeing as you want to put weight on whole milk will give you the needed calories to make the most out of your weights workout. you will put some fat on but provided you are working hard enough you should put on more in muscle

Comment

Working...
                X