No announcement yet.

How did GGG lose so much speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course.

The OP is correct. Again, people choose to overlook the Ouma fight as that bout was his toughest challenge, before that I think it was Ian Gardner, or some other Southpaw if I recall. My theory still holds that with those performances are the reason why they haven't fought guys like Lara. Lara has verbally said it in post rings etc... This was even before all the 97K hype and after.

Whatever, people get all sensitive when it comes to Lara and they criticize Lara about being a no name when Alvarez is doing the exact same treatment to them... and ironically, Lara did 300K+ with Alvarez. Look at the presser videos and autographs. Many crowds came to see Lara and wanting autographs pictures. You don't see that with Golovkin.

Getting "fame" out of the way I'll get back to style.

Golovkin has transitioned himself in a very very smart way that, somewhat the way Alvarez has changed his defense since Money May. Notice how we barely ever see ANY tricks or drills with Abel on the mitts. All they're on about is overhand hooks. He is perhaps the #1 boxer atm that has mastered hooks and timing to the fullest power. That takes a lot of training, and that's mainly what you find in videos, and of course strength conditioning.

So I think the reason why Golovkin has chosen that route is because I don't think he's confident with his old methods, and uses his confidence with his reputation of hooks. It's beautiful and effective when you have basically cleaned out your division, seasoned at 160, mid aged 30s.... I KNOW, and Lil'G fans refuse to admit, but this guy is going to have trouble moving up. Be it 168 or 175. I don't buy for a minute Golovkin can handle 175, not with top 10 boxers. He'll end up looking like when Chavez fought Oscar or Ruslan eating shots. Why? Because I think Golovkin, as he has showed us in late years and relating to the thread topic, is slowing down. Add 15 pounds man...this I gotta see him go 12 with top 10 175.

We all know Golovkin is milking 160. Fine, he has every right to, even though he is older in recognition from when Hagler was receiving recognition and the accomplishments.

It's a shame that GOlovkin fans don't pressure their hero to step up and become a Two Division Champ already before it's too late and he truly gets exposed, because I still have Alvarez beating Golovkin.

Therefore, for all the trolling that Lil'G can't be criticized, the trolling will come right back.

Comment

Working...
    X