No announcement yet.

If tyson dint go to prison.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If tyson dint go to prison.....

if he faced the big names like bowe, holyfield, big george and morrison or even ray mercer, would he have had trouble with these guys? Would these be the fights that should of determined how good he was in his prime because i think he may of struggled with most of them (maybe not morrison.)

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    if he faced the big names like bowe, holyfield, big george and morrison or even ray mercer, would he have had trouble with these guys? Would these be the fights that should of determined how good he was in his prime because i think he may of struggled with most of them (maybe not morrison.)
    I think he would have KO'd Morrison.

Holyfield idk he Prbly woulda have a rough time with him still but while Tyson was in prison he gained some experience he didn't have pre prison Tyson so who knows if Tyson's hurt him he might have had enough to put him Holyfields got a great chin but Tyson was a different beast pre prison.

Bowe would have a rough time with Tyson Tyson's shorter and much better suited to catch bowe coming in so bowe wouldn't have been as willing to head to the inside. Plus body shots woulda played a major role in that.

I've never seen much of mercer so idk.

And I think he'd beat formen as long as he doesn't walk into a huge shot.

Comment

Holy would have kicked his ass in 91, they would have fought again, King would have forced a mandatory situation after that loss where Tyson could get a belt again, he probably loses to Bowe between Riddick's first two Holy fights, and then shocked the world by taking the place of george Foreman and beating Moorer to regain the title later on.

Maybe. (No doubt he could have beaten Moorer...maybe on the sequence).
      Last edited by crold1; 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Holy would have kicked his ass in 91, they would have fought again, King would have forced a mandatory situation after that loss where Tyson could get a belt again, he probably loses to Bowe between Riddick's first two Holy fights, and then shocked the world by taking the place of george Foreman and beating Moorer to regain the title later on.

hmmmm good theory. With holyfield though, i think tyson would get less frustrated by the holding especially with rooney in his corner. Still gona be a tough fight but tyson was faster and holy was smaller so i think tyson edges it by points. Even an old foreman would be tysons biggest match, tyson has the speed to win this but i think he would get confused when he lunges in at foreman and instead of clinching forman just shoves him backwards and comes right at him, i think tyson would **** himself and wouldnt know what to but just go straight forward, which would be a BIG mistake

Comment

hmmmm good theory. With holyfield though, i think tyson would get less frustrated by the holding especially with rooney in his corner. Still gona be a tough fight but tyson was faster and holy was smaller so i think tyson edges it by points. Even an old foreman would be tysons biggest match, tyson has the speed to win this but i think he would get confused when he lunges in at foreman and instead of clinching forman just shoves him backwards and comes right at him, i think tyson would **** himself and wouldnt know what to but just go straight forward, which would be a BIG mistake
          I think Holy just had too much of an edge in mental strength. He was a better offensive fighter then but he would always have been ready to be super cautious with Tyson.

Comment

Rooney was long gone well before Tyson ever went to prison. He wouldn't have been his trainer for a 1991 fight.

Comment

I agree. I think Holyfield always beats Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Rooney was long gone well before Tyson ever went to prison. He wouldn't have been his trainer for a 1991 fight.
                The Rooney thing is part myth anyways. Mike didn't listen to him much either. Blew camp bad for fights like Tucker.

Comment

The Rooney thing is part myth anyways. Mike didn't listen to him much either. Blew camp bad for fights like Tucker.
                  True. Even in his final fights you could find Tyson marks everywhere claiming that Mike would be reborn if Rooney returned to training him.

Comment

sorry yes this tyson wouldnt of had rooney but i still believe that tyson was better off with rooney. Not just because he was a good at keeping mike focused on his technique but just the whole aura of cus and the family that kept in a better mindset and constantly focusing on improving every fight. Tyson was jus plain engineered at a young age and that started to slip when the tyson camp vanished

Comment

Working...
                    X