Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Take Shelter"

{img}{/img}

Michael Shannon stars in this thriller as a small-town family man who, determined to protect his wife and deaf daughter from impending disaster, builds an impenetrable storm shelter in the safety of his own backyard.

Overall I liked this movie, the acting was good and the story itself was interesting. When watching ask yourself is this guy just Schizo or is it real what he may be thinking. Scene after scene had a good build up to the end where some of you movie lovers may be at the edge of your seat and wanting more. It had alot of good things going for it here. I would recommend this movie and would see myself watching it again.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

• "The Tunnel"

{img}{/img}

After the government abandons plans to revamp old railway tunnels underneath Sydney, intrepid journalist Natasha Warner and her crew investigate, only to discover that something menacing is haunting the depths.

For this movie I had extremely high expectations due to it being more of an Australian underground film originally released globally as a torrent downloaded movie only to becoming widely spread out to the main stream.
      If your into that whole Blair Witch, Clover Field or any of those hand held camera/self taping movies made on a low budget then this film is for you. If your not into all that you may actually like this movie it wasnt overly done and didnt give you that classic horror feel. Yet it was more of a thriller with twist of horror. I thought for a low budget film it was done very well, I enjoyed it my girlfriend did not. I liked the sequences and the whole story, she gave the classic that was stupid if you know somethings going on there why go in the first place?
      I would recommend this film as a good one time watch.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• watched a couple of good movies today...

the tree of life - the film requires a little patience (and caffeine) to grasp what terrence malick is trying to show... it requires something like what kubrick's 2001:space oddyssey required from the audiences a few decades back... it lacks a standard plot, the pace is slow and there is very little dialogue... don't get me wrong though, despite those things, the film is brilliant... it is about birth, death and rebirth told through stunning cinematic visuals and top notch musical scoring... the characterisations of the protagonists are present (palpable even) despite minimal dialogue... i hav no doubt in my mind that the film's stature will be elevated further as time passes by... flicks like these are the ultimate expression of film as an art form...
        Last edited by talip bin osman; 06-21-2012, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• superman vs the elite- this movie IMO, is a lot better than the bryan singer reboot a few years back... it makes one question where should we place morals and values in society's fight against the bad guys...

superman, ever the boyscout goes against very aggressive vigilantes without the support of the masses he is trying to save and protect...

how he goes about solving this problem and how he brings us back to our senses leads to a narrative better than most live action superman movies released so far...

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
            "Take Shelter"

{img}{/img}

Michael Shannon stars in this thriller as a small-town family man who, determined to protect his wife and deaf daughter from impending disaster, builds an impenetrable storm shelter in the safety of his own backyard.

Overall I liked this movie, the acting was good and the story itself was interesting. When watching ask yourself is this guy just Schizo or is it real what he may be thinking. Scene after scene had a good build up to the end where some of you movie lovers may be at the edge of your seat and wanting more. It had alot of good things going for it here. I would recommend this movie and would see myself watching it again.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10
            Forgot about this movie have been meaning to watch it for a while...

Saw 'Too Big to Fail' last night. Really interesting movie about the 2008 financial crisis really well acted too.

Comment

• Everybody stopped paying attention to your posts in this thread when you said that "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" was a good movie.

True story.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Everybody stopped paying attention to your posts in this thread when you said that "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" was a good movie.

True story.

I'll wait to hear what the rest of you think of this Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie before considering going to see it. I don't expect it to be good, but I'm curious.

Comment

• Anybody that thinks that abomination of a film was anything more than the ruination of a classic trilogy should have their ****ing head checked, that's all I'm saying.

As for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, I''m not even going to see it. I enjoyed the book, but I'm sure the film suffers from the fatal flaw most films suffer from these days : Oversaturation of CGI. Plus most book-to-film adaptations suffer time constraints by default. I'm sure the same studio will be looking to do "Pride and Prejudice....And Zombies" next.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Anybody that thinks that abomination of a film was anything more than the ruination of a classic trilogy should have their ****ing head checked, that's all I'm saying.

As for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, I''m not even going to see it. I enjoyed the book, but I'm sure the film suffers from the fatal flaw most films suffer from these days : Oversaturation of CGI. Plus most book-to-film adaptations suffer time constraints by default. I'm sure the same studio will be looking to do "Pride and Prejudice....And Zombies" next.
                    Isaac Newton: Goblin Killer

Comment

• You better pen that **** before someone else does, Rory. I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X