Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's have a discussion about this A side B side.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    Klitscko vs Joshua. Both agreed to 50%.
    That's not true. It was a 55/45 split in AJ's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      First of all i'm not American, second of all i was very young at the time so i don't know much about the American PPVS at that time in history. What i do know is Tyson sold many more PPVS, was one of the most famous fighters in history, a much bigger name than Lewis and Lewis doesn't appear on the list of PPVs that broke 1 mil sales until he fought Tyson. So yes i still believe Tyson was the bigger draw and the A side.
      Tyson was always the draw. Lewis never did well here in the states , he was not received well like Mike and Holyfield both drew much better.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        That's not true. It was a 55/45 split in AJ's favor.
        That's again not true both men agreed to split whatever they made down the middle. For someone who accuses others of lying you seem to do it a lot and not by coincidence.

Comment

Tyson was always the draw. Lewis never did well here in the states , he was not received well like Mike and Holyfield both drew much better.
          Nobody is disputing that Tyson was a bigger draw at his peak than Lewis was at his peak.

But by the time Lewis and Tyson fought, Tyson was long past his prime, while Lewis was close to his peak. By the time Lewis and Tyson fought, Lewis was selling better on PPV than Tyson was.

However, they agreed to a 50/50 split, $17.5 million guaranteed for each of them, so there wasn't a clear B-side in their fight. Although Tyson was technically the B-side since Lewis got first billing and got to walk last.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Nobody is disputing that Tyson was a bigger draw at his peak than Lewis was at his peak.

But by the time Lewis and Tyson fought, Tyson was long past his prime, while Lewis was close to his peak. By the time Lewis and Tyson fought, Lewis was selling better on PPV than Tyson was.

However, they agreed to a 50/50 split, $17.5 million guaranteed for each of them, so there wasn't a clear B-side in their fight. Although Tyson was technically the B-side since Lewis got first billing and got to walk last.
            Nothing to do about anything I posted!

Lewis never out did Tyson on PPV that's a blatant lie, you're getting worse.

Comment

What L? I asked a question because i didn't know. Am i supposed to know everything about a country i've never stepped foot in and was a baby at the time it happened?
              Lewis was the obvious B side. Had he even been on PPV before that?
              It seemed more like a troll than a legit question tbh. At least to those of us who knew Lewis had plenty of ppv fights before Tyson took his ass whooping. Tyson in his hype job hayday would've been the clear A side but post jail Tyson against the Ring, IBF, and WBC champion that was a 2 to 1 favorite wasn't a clear A side.

Comment

That's again not true both men agreed to split whatever they made down the middle. For someone who accuses others of lying you seem to do it a lot and not by coincidence.
                https://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/...purse-payouts/

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko Purse Payouts (Confirmed)

Joshua and Klitschko will share the £30 million slice with 55% going to Joshua and Klitschko taking home the rest 45%.

Comment

Lewis never out did Tyson on PPV that's a blatant lie, you're getting worse.
                  Is English not your first language?

I said by the time they fought, Lewis had been selling better on PPV than Tyson. The most recent Lewis PPV before LEWIS-TYSON outsold the most recent Tyson PPV before LEWIS-TYSON. The 2nd to most recent PPVs for each, Lewis outsold Tyson as well.

Comment

A and B side debate to me now is being used as an excuse for your favorite fighter to DUCK a Potentially Dangerous Opponent. It is a DUCK without admitting you want your favorite fighter to DUCK certain opponents so more and more you're seeing fans with this "Who Has He Fought" "Nobody Knows Him" "He Is Not A Draw" "He Should Fight This Other Guy First" SOUNDS FAMILIAR? These are nothing more than Deterrents Tactics

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      A and B side debate to me now is being used as an excuse for your favorite fighter to DUCK a Potentially Dangerous Opponent. It is a DUCK without admitting you want your favorite fighter to DUCK certain opponents so more and more you're seeing fans with this "Who Has He Fought" "Nobody Knows Him" "He Is Not A Draw" "He Should Fight This Other Guy First" SOUNDS FAMILIAR? These are nothing more than Deterrents Tactics
                      There should be a rule that nobody can cry duck unless they duck a mandatory by vacating. Anything else isn't really a duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X