No announcement yet.

My first ever Sparring after 1 month of training boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Main thing I noticed was your footwork. You shouldn't ever cross your legs and you shouldn't ever be bringing your ankles that close together.

Practice footwork drills at home and when you do roadwork. Theres tons of videos on youtube, but its fairly self explanatory. Just takes some time and practice as its not super natural. Otherwise keep up the good work man!
    Noted on this mate, thanks!

Comment

When you move to the left move your left foot first, to the right your right foot first, front and back same, basics that that they should've taught you before you get in the ring, you're off balance 100% of the time. Imagine there's a clock at your feet, both should be pointing towards 10 / facing 10:50 if that makes sense, look at your feet in the video and it's like they're at 9:00, you're making it harder for yourself to move around and there's no support on that backfoot, awkward way of describing it but that's how I was told. There should be a straight line from the end of your lead foot to the heel of your back foot. Relax, keep that chin down and focus on your work in the gym instead of asking for help online, chances are your coach can coach you way better than what we can over a forum, just a hunch.

You've only been training for a month, boxing is all muscle memory just get to work in the gym and don't worry so much that you have to ask for outside help.

Get rid of that disgusting intro or at least do something with your ****ing audio levels, what the ****.

Comment

Just read the video description, that guy is your coach ?.

Comment

Working...
        X