Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Demetrius Andrade rated so highly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Demetrius Andrade rated so highly?

As a 30 year old man, with a 10+ year Pro career, what has Andrade done to convince people he's so good? I know he's won two paper titles. Do people put much value on those belts?

Who rate him highly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Who rate him highly?
      The large group of posters who were picking him to beat Billy Joe Saunders? Saunders being the best pure boxer in the division.

Comment

ive never seen andrade on any p4p lists. Hes a solid MW though. Lefty, slick, goood pop. Resume is weak saunders would of been a good barometer to see just how good he is

Comment

His best win is Vanes which was nearly five years ago. He's been inactive and fighting soft opposition since. A lot of posters on this site seem to still have high hopes for him and I don't really get why either. He doesn't even seem particularly interested in a boxing career.

To be fair though, it's not his fault that BJS used an illegal substance and Andrade said he'd fight him anyway but the sanctioning body wouldn't let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            The large group of posters who were picking him to beat Billy Joe Saunders? Saunders being the best pure boxer in the division.
            Well i dont think that means they rate him highly, I don't rate him at all, because he hasn't done anything yet. I have seen him talk more than actually fight anyone, now the BJS fight isn't his fault, but after tomorrow night i hope we see what he has to offer than just get into a mouthing match with the charlos.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
              Saunders is the best pure boxer in the division?

Canelo, GGG, and Jacobs have all shown more actual boxing ability.

Anyway, to get on track. High hopes I suppose. He never developed into who be seemed he was going to develop into but its not too late I guess. He has good fanfare and just...never did anything with it.

Comment

He's a highly talented fighter who can box well orthodox, southpaw, inside, outside, on the back-foot or the front-foot. The way his career turned out is a great shame

Comment

He is? News to me.

Comment

He had a great amateur career; 2 U.S. Nationals titles, 2 Golden Gloves titles, Pan Ams silver, Worlds gold, went to the Olympics.

As a 10-year pro his best wins are split decisions against Vanes Martirosyan and Jack Culcay for JMW belts. He'll probably become a 2-weight champion on Saturday as well. So he'll be able to call himself a 3-time, 2-weight champ without actually beating anybody as a pro.

Comment

Working...
                    X