Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hugo Santillan, 23, Passes Away From Injuries After Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With this, Dadashev and Orucuta recently, I feel like big changes may be coming for boxing, if not the sport being put on a path that leads to its demise altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
      Yeah FUCK all of the fighters that are discovered on PEDS, they need a minimum 3 year ban or more and to an extent fucking jail for murder. That should've included even Canelo and bJS.
      maybe lifetime ban? i mean, whyte was already caught doing PEDs and baned for 2 years if i'm not mistaken and now has tested positive again. they just don't give a fuck

Comment

What a tragic and sad week for the families of these fighters and the boxing world. RIP kid.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          RIP Hugo Santillan.

This is not a good look, that was only a 10 round fight and he suffered kidney failure and brain swelling.

Boxing is going to come under some intense scrutiny after two deaths in 2 days. Especially since they’re both being reported by big companies like ESPN, CBS and TMZ Sports.
          To be clear (if there is any confusion), he did not suffer kidney failure during the fight nor as a direct consequence of punishment received during in the fight. He slipped into a coma in the ring due to swelling in his brain. This swelling in his brain over multiple days resulted in collateral damage to his kidneys and other organs, according to reports.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            To be clear (if there is any confusion), he did not suffer kidney failure during the fight nor as a direct consequence of punishment received during in the fight. He slipped into a coma in the ring due to swelling in his brain. This swelling in his brain over multiple days resulted in collateral damage to his kidneys and other organs, according to reports.
            Well...he suffered kidney failure as a result from his boxing injuries. So he suffered kidney failure from a 10 round fight...

Comment

This is why guys like Dilian Whyte who cheat to win, should be punished extra hard. The sport is already dangerous enough as it is

Comment

F#cked up week all around. RIP to this young man & sending love & positivity to his family & loved ones.

Comment

Comment

my spanish isn't good, but it sounds like the tainer was his father. there has always been a lot of talk regarding the frequency of head injuries and deaths for fighters who are trained by their fathers.

man this is sad. two deaths in such a short span. we've got to start taking a better look at these guys in between rounds. it's not worth dying over a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      the fight happened in argentina this past weekend, i wasn't watching, 'cause obviously i was watching the pacman fight.

here is a highlight of the fight

his father is the one holding him up, they waited till they read the three cards. you can see he was clearly hurt and out of it.

just a month before, he fought and lost in germany. he was only 23 years old.

terrible weekend for boxing

Very sad. RIP

Also sad and absurd that his trainer Dad did that and doesn't seem to know that every second counts to get to hospital to combat brain swelling/injury.

And RE Whyte, letting that fight go on given the PEDS and the gloves should be blamed on Hearn and the British Boxing Commission.

Comment

Working...
                      X