No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Released From Hospital, Charged With DWI

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    He just needs to live the life, like he use to before now. A few years ago Spence does not do all these things. I have been following for years now, and the difference between those days and now is like night and day.
    A few years ago, Errol Spence Jr still had Errol Spence Sr driving him to the gym everyday (likely still at the house too).

Life changes; to expect him to be frozen in time is foolhardy.

The man's retired his mother and father, paid off the family house, likely got a place of his own, bought his own gym, likely has a good bit of money socked away, and is now to the point that he's got his own promotional company with other young men looking to him to help guide them to seeing their own dreams come true.

Heavy is the head and all that.

Drinking isn't for Errol Spence Jr; it's clear that he's late to that game, and there's too much on his shoulders to really be taking that kind of risk.

Make the appearance, baby a couple beers if need be, watch your folks have fun and live through them, and have the driver roll out front to get you home at the end of the night.

He's got to find something to do that he enjoys that has nothing to do with the boxing gym, to vent when he needs to. Not sure what that is for him, but drinking likely isn't it

Comment

• Well...at least now he has more excuses to delay the Crawford fight. And I'm sure PBC will help him milk it for as long as humanly possible. I hope Bud moves up and grabs himself a title at 154. He is one of the few that could hold 2 titles at once. Then just move back to 147 whenever PBC gets enough balls to let him face one of their welterweights...dust 'em off...then go back to 154

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Erroll would become a much better person because of this. Besides, we are human and we all make mistakes. Sometimes, these things happen for a reason. I am just happy that he is still alive.

In any case, he will learn his lesson and become a much better father and a more productive citizen in our society. God has given him another chance and I'm sure that he is going to make the very best of it by help teaching others.

This should be the sentiment all around but some people on here are wanting their pound of flesh.

The odds are Spence comes out of this a better man. Due to his fame, maybe his positive changes will resonate far and wide.

Who sits around hoping for another's complete downfall instead of hoping for a positive outcome from a horrible situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          A few years ago, Errol Spence Jr still had Errol Spence Sr driving him to the gym everyday (likely still at the house too).

Life changes; to expect him to be frozen in time is foolhardy.

The man's retired his mother and father, paid off the family house, likely got a place of his own, bought his own gym, likely has a good bit of money socked away, and is now to the point that he's got his own promotional company with other young men looking to him to help guide them to seeing their own dreams come true.

Heavy is the head and all that.

Drinking isn't for Errol Spence Jr; it's clear that he's late to that game, and there's too much on his shoulders to really be taking that kind of risk.

Make the appearance, baby a couple beers if need be, watch your folks have fun and live through them, and have the driver roll out front to get you home at the end of the night.

He's got to find something to do that he enjoys that has nothing to do with the boxing gym, to vent when he needs to. Not sure what that is for him, but drinking likely isn't it
          Yep a few years ago he was calm and focus with his family, not sure if it’s the money that has changed him. But like I said previously this is a time for him to reflect. “Savage” isn’t a good start doe. That’s if it’s him that is sending that message out.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Erroll would become a much better person because of this. Besides, we are human and we all make mistakes. Sometimes, these things happen for a reason. I am just happy that he is still alive.

In any case, he will learn his lesson and become a much better father and a more productive citizen in our society. God has given him another chance and I'm sure that he is going to make the very best of it by help teaching others.
            I hope that would be the case but posting I'm a total savage shows his moral code has gone seriously off the rails and hasn't learnt anything. Surely your first message should to the fans for all the prayers and support? Second should be remorse for being so irresponsible when he could of killed someone as well as killing himself which would of devastated his friends and family as well as leaving his kids without a Dad.

Comment

• Because of his actions Spence is where he is right now.

Not only he lost his car, he got injured enough that required hospitalization, there is no knowing how this is going to affect his boxing career and he also got charged.

Why some here are hoping he gets more penalized for this?

The longer he doesn't fight the more money he will loose.

Now if he doesn't learn his lesson from this everything else that happens to him because his actions he will deserve it

Comment

• Spence Released From Hospital, Charged With DWI...

LOL.... Good for him... EVERYTHING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  Excuses. Tell that to Floyd never had a drink in his professional life. It' called being a professional. MMA is nothing like boxing MMA fighters don't have to get anywhere near the shape as elite boxers do to be successful. Dude is 29 almost 30 years old he's not some 20 yo kid.
                  You’ve obviously never met a “professional” and didn’t read a single sentence I wrote. I have met my fair share and many are exactly as I describe. You named a single elite boxer as if he is representative of all professional athletes.

Comment

• Spence was ejected from his car after flipping over the road median and at least twice more after that before crashing and wrecking his Ferrari.
                    this reads strange, sounds like Spence was ejected 3 times from his car and then he crashed his car. I think the car had crashed the moment it went over the road median.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                      I hope that would be the case but posting I'm a total savage shows his moral code has gone seriously off the rails and hasn't learnt anything. Surely your first message should to the fans for all the prayers and support? Second should be remorse for being so irresponsible when he could of killed someone as well as killing himself which would of devastated his friends and family as well as leaving his kids without a Dad.
                      You know you are absolutely correct and I agree. I'm sure he is grateful that God has given him another chance.

It really hasn't sunken in yet; The seriousness of the matter. However, once he stands before that judge and realizes that he could face possible jail time and have his driving privileges indefinitely revoked; It will humble him.

That will be the turning point. He will reflect on what he has done, realize he has a problem and on introspect; Would look to correct it by first helping himself. Then ultimately he will seek out his redemption by turning to help others.

Erroll Spence, Jr seems to be a sweet and lovely young man. He doesn't strike me as some hardened criminal.

I'm confident he will learn from this mistake by improving and getting better. He is a role model to his children and I'm pretty sure that he would want to set a good example for them to follow.

Comment

Working...
                      X