No announcement yet.

Water training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water training

Decided to start swimming 3 times a week, do you guys have any good drills in The water ?

Originally posted by M0ller View Post
    Decided to start swimming 3 times a week, do you guys have any good drills in The water ?
    I do shadow boxing in the pool and just regular laps.

Comment

wow, I had no idea that water was even trainable... sit...rollover....….Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 08-13-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

even though I can't get it to roll over I see a couple of things that might be good. You could work on speed with the resistance from the water. Also, basic cardio with light wear on joints. (yup, I said joints). Shadow box in shoulder deep water, work fast and I could definitely see you becoming faster in the ring. Remember to hold your breath when you're ducking under. Be conscious of how your body is set and that you are throwing correctly. Don't want to develop bad habits that WILL follow you in to the ring....Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 08-13-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

freestyle swimming is a great overall body exercise. As previously stated, I'd think punching underwater would be good too

Comment

Shadow Boxing and laps it Will be!

I hope it Will get me more toned up and bigger back and shoulders

Comment

Would be good to do some shorter all out sprints maybe a minute or two in duration. Longer endurance swims are good too, but I'd mix in the sprints some days

Comment

Originally posted by M0ller View Post
                Pool edge push ups, aim to do about 100 in less than 7 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  even though I can't get it to roll over I see a couple of things that might be good. You could work on speed with the resistance from the water. Also, basic cardio with light wear on joints. (yup, I said joints). Shadow box in shoulder deep water, work fast and I could definitely see you becoming faster in the ring. Remember to hold your breath when you're ducking under. Be conscious of how your body is set and that you are throwing correctly. Don't want to develop bad habits that WILL follow you in to the ring....Rockin'
                  Jean Claude Van Damme style from Kickboxer.

Comment

I use swimming on my kids off days. I have him do laps and it has really helped his cardio on run days. In competition I've yet to see my kid come off the matt winded.

Comment

Working...
                    X