Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Won't Fight Me April 13th; Should Be Embarrassed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    That's not what you just said. You had his acknowledged that Joshua v Wilder would be the biggest fight to be made
    the fight is bigger solely cos of AJ. there is no debate about it.
    If wilder is so known and fans love him, how come the same fans have not demanded to watch him on ppv? Not even his Alabama brothers. I think hearn is over paying him for the green belt

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      He looked like **** against Fury and lost to AJ. He'd also likely have lost to Wilder and Oritz. So no, he wasn't one of the 4 best anymore.
      He hadn’t lost to AJ at that point had he if we are talking about his ranking going into the Joshua fight

Ortiz has one good win and he had laboured to wins over Allen (LOL) and Malik Scott at that time. Klitschko would have been a decent favourite in that fight imo.

Wilder as well. He was looking pretty bad vs the likes of Duhuapas, Molina and Washington, yet you think he should have been rated over Klitschko? Based on what? His win over Stiverne?

Come on. This is laughable.

Klitschko was inactive, mostly outside of his control, but you can’t just drop a fighter way down the rankings when he has only lost once in 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        the fight is bigger solely cos of AJ. there is no debate about it.
        If wilder is so known and fans love him, how come the same fans have not demanded to watch him on ppv? Not even his Alabama brothers. I think hearn is over paying him for the green belt
        This line of reasoning is absolutely foolish. AJ v Wilder is bigger than AJ v (anyone else) because of AJ...

I'm guessing you failed miserably at algebra

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          OK... I agree with all you said about being the biggest fight to be made in HW and all that crap.
          What is wilder bringing to the table to deserve a %?
          It's a simple question
          He is bringing the green belt, his undefeated record, and his huge ko win over ortiz. He is bringing his reputation of being the best heavyweight on the planet. Just like aj is bringing his belts and his reputation as being the best hw on the planet. It should be 55-45 aj simply because aj has more belts and has a bigger following for now.

Comment

• wilder talked about AJ for a year, gets an easy PPV fight and now doesn't want to fight AJ.

How predictable.

Comment

• Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
              He is bringing the green belt, his undefeated record, and his huge ko win over ortiz. He is bringing his reputation of being the best heavyweight on the planet. Just like aj is bringing his belts and his reputation as being the best hw on the planet. It should be 55-45 aj simply because aj has more belts and has a bigger following for now.
              AJs following and revenue generation is about 90-10 compared to Wilder. He also has 3 more belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                AJs following and revenue generation is about 90-10 compared to Wilder. He also has 3 more belts.
                The bottom line is with a 55-45 split, BOTH fighters will make more than they ever had before. Its really not that difficult. The fight cant happen without each other and most people are losing site of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  He hadn’t lost to AJ at that point had he if we are talking about his ranking going into the Joshua fight
                  If you don't fight for a year and a half, the most credible ranking systems remove you due to inactivity. So he wasn't ranked going into the Joshua fight. If your position is that despite being unranked, he was still one of the best four heavyweights at the time, I just named two heavyweights that beat him, and two more that likely would have beat him at the time. He was older, slower, and never had a good chin to begin with. He was three years past looking like himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    This line of reasoning is absolutely foolish. AJ v Wilder is bigger than AJ v (anyone else) because of AJ...

I'm guessing you failed miserably at algebra
                    Well, it's not my fault that AJ is the face of the division. I didn't put him in that position, he fought his way up there which wilder couldn't do with twice the fight AJ has.
                    Wilder/fury can't sell their fight without talking down on AJ.
                    That is how important he is to them to sell the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      If you don't fight for a year and a half, the most credible ranking systems remove you due to inactivity. So he wasn't ranked going into the Joshua fight. If your position is that despite being unranked, he was still one of the best four heavyweights at the time, I just named two heavyweights that beat him, and two more that likely would have beat him at the time. He was older, slower, and never had a good chin to begin with. He was three years past looking like himself.
                      That ranking system you are using also has NO one Wilder defended his title against in the top 10 WHEN Wilder fought them .

We are going by the CREDIBLE Transnational rankings once again correct ?
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-13-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X