No announcement yet.

It Was HBO That Gave Cottos Team The Name Of Daniel Geale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Was HBO That Gave Cottos Team The Name Of Daniel Geale

I was told that Geale was not a posible oponnent and that during negotiation for the K-9/Heiland fight HBO was asking Cotto to commit to a Canelo fight for later in the year but Cotto didnt like the idea of limiting his options so HBO gave Cottos team the name of Daniel Geale and that if the reached a deal with Geale that they would approve the fight without a commitment for later in the year on a Canelo fight.

What is HBO doing here? Are they trying to make GGG look good? I mean Cotto beats Geale but it wont happen in 3 rounds so are they just trying to build up GGG reputation by having Cotto fight a common opponent and drawing comparations? Seems fishy to me that they basicaly told him they would aprove a Geale fight but put options on the K-9/Heiland fights.

Source? I think it is a completely reasonable demand from HBO that the lineal champion of the world fight against a worthy opponent in a title defense. Especially considering the amount of money that Cotto must be requesting for the fight.

Comment

The HBO audience knows geale. Not K9 Or heilany

Comment

Bundrage is the usual fighter Cotto goes after (shot, looking for payday). If he can pull it off maybe he gets another Floyd fight.

I can't see him fighting Geale who is genuinely a good middleweight.

It's Cotto we're talking about here... The shame of professional boxing:

Last edited by ////; 04-05-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          Source? I think it is a completely reasonable demand from HBO that the lineal champion of the world fight against a worthy opponent in a title defense. Especially considering the amount of money that Cotto must be requesting for the fight.
          I know people in the Cotto camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
            The HBO audience knows geale. Not K9 Or heilany
            I say k-9 is more of a name than Geale

Comment

Interesting .

And for those asking for a source, this guy is legit. He has contacts in cotto camp and has proven it in the past

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                I say k-9 is more of a name than Geale
                I'd agree... At least stateside.

Comment

just fight GGG and have your execution done already

Comment

Also we will continue to recive no confirmation on Cottos opponent until they sign the fight. Cottos team doesnt want Bob Arum to find out who is in the lead because they fear he might stick his nose in out of spite and start a bidding war. That is why there are so much names on air regarding his next fight they are blowing smoke to keep arum away from the guy they actually want.

Dont be shocked if the person they pick is none of the guys we been discussing for the past month.

Comment

Working...
                    X