No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Hector David Saldivia Card RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turkas View Post
    He was considered the top guy at 140 and there were dozens on here claiming he beats Manny and Floyd. This was not just a British hype job, a lot of people thought he was special.

Like I said, I hate Khan. I went nuts when Petterson beat him and I lost my mind when Garcia knocked him out. However, I know that he is a quality fighter that did prove himself against tough competition. Just like I see the talent in Brook, but Khan has proved he can compete against much tougher competition than Brook has, so lets slow down the talk.

I happen to think Brook will struggle a lot early against Khan's speed, but I think it is basically a 50/50 fight.
    PEDerson didn't beat him, he lost that fight at home despite a favourable ref and failed a drug test subsequent.

I tend to agree with you, Khan has gone from being overrated to being underrated. We're only guessing as to Brook beating him as he hasn't stepped up to a higher level yet.

I too think it's 50/50, if anything at this point the edge goes to AK.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Danny Garcia is someone I consider a fairly average boxer with really good power, he had no issue timing Khan's offense. He does the same combo everytime he throws.

Brook counters well, also has good power, is accurate and I think he'd time Khan and stop him early.

Amir has now lost to Prescott, Peterson and Garcia; a banger, a decent boxer and another banger....brook can box and hit. I really dont think Khan is any good.
      And what do you consider Hector Saldivia to be?

To argue that Brook beats Khan based of style, skill and power is one thing, but to argue he's better based off of resume is foolish.

Knocking out a guy like Saldivia means nothing in the grand scheme of things in the welterweight division in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        PEDerson didn't beat him, he lost that fight at home despite a favourable ref and failed a drug test subsequent.

I tend to agree with you, Khan has gone from being overrated to being underrated. We're only guessing as to Brook beating him as he hasn't stepped up to a higher level yet.

I too think it's 50/50, if anything at this point the edge goes to AK.
        I thought with the two bs point deductions it was a close fight on the score cards so at the time I didn't have that big of a problem with, but now it's obvious he cheated so my opinion has changed. However, at the time it seemed legit so I was pumped.

Comment

• Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
          And what do you consider Hector Saldivia to be?

To argue that Brook beats Khan based of style, skill and power is one thing, but to argue he's better based off of resume is foolish.

Knocking out a guy like Saldivia means nothing in the grand scheme of things in the welterweight division in my eyes.
          I consider him to be a half decent fighter with big power but little punch resistance. A decent win and sharp performance, nothing more.

I was basing it off of style, nothing to do with resume. The point being Khan's style is extremely predictable to the point that a banger can time him, I believe Brook as a very good boxer and accurate/good puncher could do the same thing and also end his night.

Khan does have the better resume, but Brook is the better and more talented fighter.

Comment

Working...
          X