No announcement yet.

Fighters you couldnt imagine being in a streetfight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Chris Eubank, guess the posh persona has gotten to me. I couldn't imagine it but, I'm sure he would tear it up in a street fight.
    Jersey Joe Walcott's another. Must be his craftiness I just couldn't imagine in a good old fashioned punch up. Again I know he definitely could scrap.

Charlie Zelenoff for obvious reasons.
    A friend of mines dad (who was a bit of a headcase) saw Eubank in a bar once and asked him what he would do if he kissed him,Eubank replied 'i would stand up and punch you in the face'-he's an odd guy,could imagine him being quite unpredictable

Comment

Emile Griffith and Hector Camacho, though I could imagine Macho instigating a street fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        I was just about to say good pick on Eubank when i remembered a story about him body slamming Naz or something at an airport.....Maybe im wrong its a little fuzzy...???

Obviously with such limited footage on the old school guys they are harder to pick but i just imagine Peerless Jim Driscoll being to classy for street scraping! Something seriously Regal about that man
        He slapped him in the face at the airport if i remember rightly?

In fairness,Naz certainly knew how to wind a guy up,Thompson wanted to kill him in the back of a limo back in 97 aswell

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Wlad. I feel like he'd be like "I vill kill anyvan I hit so I must control my powers." Not that he's wrong. But he has restraint. If Chisora had spit in my face, I'd have hit him. I don't care that I would have been brutally thugged on. I wouldn't have had any choice. Wlad kept his cool.
          Wladimir said afterwards that showing restraint then was the hardest thing he's ever had to do. If he had cracked Chisora, it would have cost his brother (among others) millions of dollars. And I've never seen WK as animated as he was after the fight. I expect fights between Vitali-Haye and Wladmir-Chisora before the end of this year. The brothers really want them and they'll do what it takes to get them made. Especially WK-Chisora because Vitali will be out of action and Haye is a chickenspit.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post

In fairness,Naz certainly knew how to wind a guy up,Thompson wanted to kill him in the back of a limo back in 97 aswell
            Thats probably it! Yeah i heard about Thompson too, Naz must have been hard work at times, ****y SOB!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Thats probably it! Yeah i heard about Thompson too, Naz must have been hard work at times, ****y SOB!
              I love Naz,but he was one arrogant prick,i dont think it was a facade either,like it is with a lot of fighters

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard and Nikolai Valuev.

I just can't picture Sugar Ray Leonard being in a streetfight.

Also I'm fairly sure no-one would ever mess with Valuev.

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post

Naz slapped him at the airport. Eubank didn't hit him back because he was a midget and it "would have been like hitting a child"

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  Naz slapped him at the airport. Eubank didn't hit him back because he was a midget and it "would have been like hitting a child"
                  Aw thats right

Such a Eubank thing to say

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    Sugar Ray Leonard and Nikolai Valuev.

I just can't picture Sugar Ray Leonard being in a streetfight.

Also I'm fairly sure no-one would ever mess with Valuev.

I don't know whatever became of it, but I remember Valuev being accused of assaulting a security guard.

Comment

Kostya Tszyu. I mean I literally cannot imagine this guy ever getting into a scuffle over anything at anytime anywhere. (now someone's going to shame me with tales of his legendary bar brawls in oz)...

Comment

Working...
                      X