Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
    boxer/kickboxer/muay thai fighters beat karate/taekwondo all day long

karate/taekwondo fighters are not use to fighting or sparring full contact

in my first kickboxing fight i fought against a guy who was blackbelt in karate,he was 4th dan and i stopped him in the third round. all down to my boxing back round.

i know thats one example but its from a personal experience,saying that taekwondo kicks are very dangerous and the right person could take your head off if you gave him the chance
    are you sure?? the first people to beat the thai fighters are kyokushin karate fighters..andy hug is a kyokushin karate fighter he smashed every single muay thai fighter..filho was also a kyokushin karate fighter he also won the k-1 against kick boxers...doesn't mean ****..it's up to the fighter and the way they train.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Seen quite a few amateur muay thai bouts, and one thing that really stood out to me is that good hands are an absolute killer. Bouts would start with kicks from a distance and usually end with fists.
      The difference is when you get into a grapple or holding in boxing the ref will try to separate you..in muay thai you're still allowed to use your knees and your elbows...muay thai ****s on boxing..in the ring and out side of the ring..

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
        are you sure?? the first people to beat the thai fighters are kyokushin karate fighters..andy hug is a kyokushin karate fighter he smashed every single muay thai fighter..filho was also a kyokushin karate fighter he also won the k-1 against kick boxers...doesn't mean ****..it's up to the fighter and the way they train.
        dont know too much about kyokushin karate but ill find out about it,by the sounds of it,its full contact and hard sparring involved

Comment

Look at MMA how many guys you see with a Karate base? pretty much one

Boxing would be a better thing to have

and other MMA **** all over Karate

Comment

Originally posted by KING DUCK View Post
            Look at MMA how many guys you see with a Karate base? pretty much one

Boxing would be a better thing to have

and other MMA **** all over Karate
            Machida does lot's of shotokan karate in his fights,bas rutten is a former karate fighter so is Gsp but for MMA you need it all to be the best...

MMA is a sport and lost all meaning of martial arts..there is rules unlike on the street where there is no rules..

Now the strongest discipline in the MMA is brazillian jiu jutsu..I don't think there is one fighter in the MMA who is not trained in that art..

Now by saying that how do you think you'd do on the street using brazillian jiu jitsu??

That **** won't help you much on a concrete ..good luck trying your triple arm bar on someone when his mate is about to kick your head in....or trying the triangle choke when you're punching on with 2 dudes on a night club dance floor...

Like I said MMA is good for MMA ..it is what it is..use it on the mat..

There is no such thing one is better than the other..they all work in different situations for different people....

The best book I've read about fighting is written by an English dude named dennis martin...he wrote the book working with warriors..which is a book about a few shotokan karate dudes who worked in liverpool as doorman ..one of them is terry o'neill who was considered one of the best street fighters in England.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
              Machida does lot's of shotokan karate in his fights,bas rutten is a former karate fighter so is Gsp but for MMA you need it all to be the best...

MMA is a sport and lost all meaning of martial arts..there is rules unlike on the street where there is no rules..

Now the strongest discipline in the MMA is brazillian jiu jutsu..I don't think there is one fighter in the MMA who is not trained in that art..

Now by saying that how do you think you'd do on the street using brazillian jiu jitsu??

That **** won't help you much on a concrete ..good luck trying your triple arm bar on someone when his mate is about to kick your head in....or trying the triangle choke when you're punching on with 2 dudes on a night club dance floor...

Like I said MMA is good for MMA ..it is what it is..use it on the mat..

There is no such thing one is better than the other..they all work in different situations for different people....

The best book I've read about fighting is written by an English dude named dennis martin...he wrote the book working with warriors..which is a book about a few shotokan karate dudes who worked in liverpool as doorman ..one of them is terry o'neill who was considered one of the best street fighters in England.
              You mention GSP, he lays and preys (Wrestling) and boxes in his fights (See the Koscheck fight for a jabbing clinic and the rest for his wrestling) He doesn't use karate.

Comment

Alll the best MMA fighters use Wrestling and Boxing in that order.

A Karate man will never be MMA champion.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  You mention GSP, he lays and preys (Wrestling) and boxes in his fights (See the Koscheck fight for a jabbing clinic and the rest for his wrestling) He doesn't use karate.
                  Yea I know I'm just saying that his background is kyokushin his father was his instructor..but yea he doesn't use it in his fights..but machida does..look at the stance and the way he moves around..and I forgot to mention that vitor belfort took up shotokan karate as well..there is a video on youtube him showing some moves..but respect to every art..I think for the street it's all about heart and how crazy you are..people only will start to take you serious when you lose the plot

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    It's great for physical conditioning, coordination, and I imagine just feeling good about yourself.

As for its effectiveness in terms of fighting? Better than nothing, but due to the lack of testing against an unchoregraphed opponent- it fails miserably.
                    I'm sorry to break it to ya, but, you're clearly wrong !!

I guess the vid below is a complete farce

When you compare it to this, lmao

Hmm, you tell me which one appears to be choreographed, lmao
                    Last edited by King of Sting; 11-02-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

All the best MMA fighters are real martial artists. Not a collegiate wrestler or former pro boxer.

Anderson Silva: Taekwondo base, Muay thai, Boxing, Capoeria
                      Lyoto Machida: Shotokan Karate
                      GSP: Kyokushin Karate base
                      BJ Penn: Brazilian Jujutsu (not mma bjj)
                      Fedor(prime): Sambo
                      Bas Rutten: Taekwondo base, Muay thai
                      Ben Henderson: Taekwondo base, freestyle wrestler, bjj
                      Anthony Pettis: Taekwondo base

Need I go on?

Comment

Working...
                      X