Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More of a fraud, Chavez jr, or that mexican judge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually agree with rmz. While it was a close fight, I had it closer than rmz did, I still had Chavez Jr winning by a couple of rounds. I think you guys are getting caught up with both Vanda being the underdog and giving him more credit than what he did and the name of Chavez Jr and expecting him to do more.

He didn't look very good and his stamina was absolutely terrible! If he expects to be able to fight professionally he is going to have to get a conditioning coach and work like crazy on his endurance and stamina. He also really needs to think about getting some more head movement. His offense especially his body attack is very good, but he lacks greatly in the defense and is open way too much. A good counter puncher would have a field day with him. Chavez Sr actually had a pretty decent slip/head movement defense.

Anyway, the actual fight was scored horrifically wrong apart from the one guys score. I could see how one judge gave it to Vanda by a point, though I strongly disagree with Vanda winning, and I could also see how one judge gave it to Chavez by four rounds, which again was a bit much I think. The last judge was a typical corrupt, bias moron. If you're going to favour one guy no matter what, why be so absurdly blatant about it? Every round was insane! rmz was right in that Vanda basically lost all the first half by doing nothing and then won the majority of the second half. He still didn't do enough though in the first half to be able to take the fight. He didn't win every round in the second half so there was no way I could give him a draw. Close fight, terrible showing by Chavez, decent showing by Vanda the journeyman but Chavez still won it.

Comment

Working...
    X