Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone translate Marquez' analysis of Pac vs. Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I don't speak Spanish, I am solely judging from the actions itself being demonstrated.

• For Pacquiao in an UNORTHODOX STANCE (Right lead - Right foot), he must use his lateral movements to his left (right of Margarito) to stay away from Margarito's RIGHT CROSS while within the range of combination. Going in and out. Using his agility, angles and volume punches

• For Margarito in an ORTHODOX STANCE (Left lead - left foot), he needs to command his reach and keeping Pacquiao at bay by using his left jab, and then using combinations of RIGHT CROSS, LEFT UPPERCUTS/HOOKS to keep Pacquiao from coming in.

With Pacquiao's superior quick footwork, agility to shift directions, head movements, I think he can get underneath Margarito's punches. Body shots basically since he is smaller and shorter.

Margarito must impose his size and reach by using the jab and cross/hooks to keep Pacquiao from coming in.

At the end, I think Pacquiao's strength coupled with his combinations throughout the whole fight (stamina) will later wear out Margarito. Setting him up for a late stoppage.

Margarito must impose.....bully and corner the smaller man. Clinch and punch or shoving and keeping Pacquiao at bay. A la' BUSTER DOUGLAS to TYSON.

This is eerily similar like TYSON/DOUGLAS albeit PACQUIAO is smarter and still within his peak whereas TYSON was sort of washed up already with no corner to guide him.

Comment

can't imagine Margs keeping a distance to Pac to utilize his reach

he'll be torn to shreds if he does that

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
        JMM seems really bitter. Too bitter considering that the fights were so close and they basically solidified his legend. I'm not sure if Pacquiao got personal with JMM and said anything against him personally to warrant such bitterness, but JMM needs to move on with it already.
        More like JEALOUS of all of Pac's success!!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          So basically, he is saying Margs is gonna get his arse whooped?
          Basically yea. Margo is a slow, plodding, feather fisted zombie now a days. Hes got 0 chance in there. And that catchweight aint helpin him either. Pac is anhaialate Marg. 8 Rds Tops.

Comment

Originally posted by José Sulaimán View Post
            Wow you Americans and stupid Pinoys dissapoint me. You guys seriously don't even understand what JMM is saying in that video but jump to conclusions about it WTF?
            And WTF are you , a scholarly illegal ******* ??!!!

Comment

Working...
            X