Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light sparring 5/16/17 working on changing speed of punches, angles, no loading up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    What is high level? Regional golden gloves (what I think you say) national level, novice or intermediates?
    Any involvement in elites or pro level?

Elites more than pro as anyone could become a pro at that stage.

And my point being 92 is a LONG way off to where we are today
    When I turned pro I fought out of Galaxy, with James Toney and Jackie Kallen,

I didn't fight long as a pro though.
    Last edited by Rockin'; 05-19-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

my last fight was in '00.

Last edited by Rockin'; 05-19-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        my last fight was in '00.
        near 20 years ago. 17 to be precious.

at what level??

im not trying to ***** on you rockin im really not.
        your a great contributor and know your stuff.

but im just saying times are changing and back to the original argument, the headgear is not a big deal anymore, when lads are fighting and competing without it.

yes you want to protect fighters in the gym 100%.
        but at the same time, they need to learn to take a punch without it also if they stand a chance of competing.

for a perfect example,
        the 1st time i fought without headgear i got stopped in the 3rd round.

not by a heavy punch, but by a punch i didnt even know hit me, an equilibrium punch that scraped the top of my head that i never noticed when wearing headgear.
        suddenly the headgear is gone and im dropped for the first time in my life by a punch I didn't even know i was hit by. needless to say i lost my head a bit bla bla bla.

but the fact is i never noticed that punch cause i was never hit with it in sparring, or a fight until the handguards were removed, and iv never been dropped or stopped since.

all im saying is your generation is all headgear, and its far removed from that since then.

Comment

WRONG! The mind controls it all.

Learn to control your mind and the messages your body may be sending it.
          I typed it backwards was rushing bro

Of course mind controls body n you can push through exhaustion

I Meant the body doesn't control the mind

Comment

what ur shirt color?
            I'm the short guy...black n gray shorts

Comment

Even though it's just light you should put on some headgear. When was the last time you heard of an intentional clash of heads....
              Keeping it clean...we're stablemates

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                why would he put headgear on???
                if he is over 18 he will be fighting without it.
                the only reason he should be wearing headgear is if it is a full contact spar against someone who is older/heavier and more experienced than him.

there is no point in wearing headgear (under 18) all of the time in sparring (except for the reasons i said above).

if he knows this lad (which i think he does) and does alot of work with him, and its only a LIGHT spar, then he knows if the other fella cant control his emotions and go full on spar he should wear headgear.

times are a changing my friend, and by the end of next year ALL headgear will be removed for under 18s (which i dont agree with 100%)
                Thanks for explaining

Rae has 50+ fights n won southeast regionals golden gloves.

We have control

Comment

an accidental clash of heads?

Comment

How are you feeling as a boxer overall in comparison with your beginning in the sport?.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                      How are you feeling as a boxer overall in comparison with your beginning in the sport?.
                      i feel better now..i hate that I didnt box from 2008-2015...i started in 2004-2007 life and kids bro....im focused on being an instructor but love to get in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X