Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 28-year-olds have a better resume than Keith Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    He has a very good resume. Not everyone is going to be Sugar Ray Leonard, Thurman has a nice career going and he's got some bigger fights in the horizon. Personally, I like him, but he doesn't pass the eye test for me as being great yet.
    This is my issue with him.....he's not dominating any of these b level fighters his fighting like a true great fighter should.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      Garcia would **** porter up....he eats aggressive fighters like porter for breakfast. Garcia also has a better resume. Porter won't beat any top 5 ww either so his signature win will always be devon alexander.
      Porter would drown Danny, he doesn't hit hard enough to discourage Porter and can't fight inside. I'm not sure if he's strong enough to consistently clinch either. Porter would be too quick and strong, Danny might not even be better than Porter on the outside, Shawn's skill is underrated.

I think he would have a 50/50 chance against Thurman in a rematch, solid chance against this version of Pacman, he would beat Bradley, but I would strongly favour Spence and Brook over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
        He has a very good resume. Not everyone is going to be Sugar Ray Leonard, Thurman has a nice career going and he's got some bigger fights in the horizon. Personally, I like him, but he doesn't pass the eye test for me as being great yet.
        He's not going to go down as an ATG, but he's doing great things based on today's standards. You don't often see a champion take on two prime, top 5 fighters back to back and unify the division, not in this era. If he keeps going at this rate and keeps challenging himself, he will take a couple of losses, but make the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          I've been seeing a few videos on youtube discussing how underrated Thurman is and why he doesn't get much love. So it got me thinking, how many active fighters 28 or under, have a better resume than Thurman? The only fighter I can really make a case for is Canelo.

Porter B+ (A-)
          Garcia B+ (A-)
          Chaves B (B+)
          Collazo B
          Guerrero B
          Bundu C+
          Karass C+
          Diaz C+
          Quintana C+

A solid resume like that along with being the unified champ and #1 guy in the most loaded and marketable division in boxing, should be enough for him to get more recognition.
          your right Canelo's blows his resume away but besides that Thurman's is pretty good. Chocolatito's would too but he is a year too old to fit this discussion.

Comment

Thurman has a great resume. As for who has a better one, the answer is nobody. If he was a bit more dominant in his victories he'd be closer to the top of a P4P list, but he tends to not blow people away in the eye test which is the 2nd quality of a P4P fighter.

Comment

Thurman is one of the best out there, but he still isn't "elite level" to me. Nobody at 147 really is at the moment. Thurman, Gracia, Brook, Porter... Throw any combination of these guys into match-ups with one another and it seems like any of them could win on any given night. No one stands out yet as the cream of the crop like the way Mayweather and Pacquiao did. Spence may end up being that guy, but that's still to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                your right Canelo's blows his resume away but besides that Thurman's is pretty good. Chocolatito's would too but he is a year too old to fit this discussion.
                Yeah Choco is 29 now but his resume is one of the best in boxing, regardless of age. If he can beat Srisaket in a rematch, that seals an ATG legacy imo.

Comment

Porter would drown Danny, he doesn't hit hard enough to discourage Porter and can't fight inside. I'm not sure if he's strong enough to consistently clinch either. Porter would be too quick and strong, Danny might not even be better than Porter on the outside, Shawn's skill is underrated.

I think he would have a 50/50 chance against Thurman in a rematch, solid chance against this version of Pacman, he would beat Bradley, but I would strongly favour Spence and Brook over him.
                  Porter and skill shouldn't even be in the same sentence. He is freakishly strong and has A level conditioning. If you have a jab with decent footwork you will beat shawn porter.....shot to pieces diaz beat him imo. An A level fighter doesnt lose to a guy like diaz who was barely b level and not even prime. Pacquiao would slice and dice porters face up.....bradley and porter qpuld headbutt each other to death.

Comment

Bwahahahah Shawn is borderline skill less. He is just really athletic, in phenomenal shape and has a bullish mentality. I watched every second of the Berto fight and was offended at what I watched. It's the type of boxing I absolutely hate, though it works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                      Porter and skill shouldn't even be in the same sentence. He is freakishly strong and has A level conditioning. If you have a jab with decent footwork you will beat shawn porter.....shot to pieces diaz beat him imo. An A level fighter doesnt lose to a guy like diaz who was barely b level and not even prime. Pacquiao would slice and dice porters face up.....bradley and porter qpuld headbutt each other to death.
                      Porter won nearly 300 amateur fights, he was an Olympic alternate and beat guys like Andrade, Usyk, Jacobs etc who are very skilled. As a pro he's beaten guys like Alexander, Broner, Berto, Pauli etc who aren't A level, but former world champs and battle-tested. You don't reach the level Porter has reached without being very skilled.

As for the first Diaz fight, I had Porter winning it, but regardless, many great fighters throughout history have struggled and lost against lower level opposition, it's a part of boxing. Porter made adjustments in a rematch and showed that he's a level above Diaz in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X