Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me why Mayweather didnt chase Pacquiao like with McGregor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    The only reason they moved to a 24 day cut off from 30 was because Pacquiao was on video giving blood 24 days before he fought Hatton. Mayweather was willing to meet them halfway and offered a 14 day cut, that shows he wanted the fight. If he didn't he could have stuck to no cut off. Pacquiao ducked, you know it.
    lol...pacquaio, could have said, absolutely not, to any type of testing outside of what was standard in 2009 and been justified in doing so. The fact he entertained Floyd's, special Olympic shenanigans, all the way to 24 days, was fair enough in my book....

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      this is what it came down to right here bruh....

from Wiki

Both sides agreed to enter into mediation on January 7, 2010, in hopes of coming to an agreement on the blood testing issue. Retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein, who successfully resolved a prior dispute between Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions, would again act as mediator. Two days later, after hours of negotiating during mediation, Arum declared that the fight was officially off after Mayweather refused to agree to a 24-day cut-off date. Mayweather revealed that he offered a 14-day cut-off date to Team Pacquiao, but it was rejected.

so....

the pacquaio camp, rejected Floyd's 14 days cutoff, and Floyd rejected the pacquaio camp's 24 day cutoff...,Mexican standoff imo, but you Floyd boys just don't want to admit that your boy walked away from the table behind 10 days, but to me, he ain't want the fight that bad...

but then check out what your boy had to say after that...

On February 13, in an exclusive interview with David Mayo of The Grand Rapids Press, Mayweather said, "I gave him [Pacquiao] a chance, up to 14 days out. But my new terms are all the way up to the fight. They can come get us whenever, all the way up to the fight, random drug test. That's what it is."

Moving the goal posts at its finest. Lol

So you tell me fam, what other fighter had to jump through hoola hoops like this for Floyd? Its obvious this dude had moved the goal posts even further. He ain't want that fight man. Lol

If you can explain to me why there should be any cutoffs at all, then you would have a case.

But years later and Pacs team (and much less his fan) cant give a reasonable explanation as to why Pac needed a cutoff date.

If YOU cant give me that explanation, you HAVE to concede that Pac didnt want to face Floyd unless he was able to juice.

And of course Floyd said he going back to his original demands. He didnt want ANY cutoffs IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        If you can explain to me why there should be any cutoffs at all, then you would have a case.

But years later and Pacs team (and much less his fan) cant give a reasonable explanation as to why Pac needed a cutoff date.

If YOU cant give me that explanation, you HAVE to concede that Pac didnt want to face Floyd unless he was able to juice.

And of course Floyd said he going back to his original demands. He didnt want ANY cutoffs IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You ask Manny Pacquaio, why he needed 24 days, or ask your Boy Floyd, why he needed 14 days...personally, I don't give a f**k...because the argument ain't about testing, its about why Floyd ain't push up on Manny Pacquaio, the way he is pushing up on a non boxing dude...and

Kick rocks....I don't feel the need to explain myself any more thorough than what I already have, because ya can't even comprehend or respect what I gave ya....I gave ya dates, facts, figures, etc., and you still sitting here acting like, manny pacquaio, absolutely ducked Floyd Mayweather, and he was sitting at the same table Floyd was...and

I don't have to concede anything bruh, my opinion is mine and unbiased, and I did my homework thoroughly...and yours is yours, albeit with Floyd fanboy logic...

I know all too well a Floyd boy is going fault the pacquaio camp because that is what they do...I don't know who is worse the Floyd boys, or the Hopkins boys, the Hopkins boys, it was always a bigger excuse why he lost...the Floyd boys, its always the other cats fault, even though Floyd loves to crow about how he is his own boss, and you cats regurgitate every word...

Meanwhile, the word on the street, is Floyd is looking, like an absolute sucker, for pushing fighting this MMA dude, when its some thorough young lions, that was begging for a shot for years...
        Last edited by djtmal; 02-17-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Manny ducked Floyd. This is recorded history and has been confirmed by both sides. Pac fans always blame Floyd, let them wallow in their sadness and delusions. That L on May 2nd will affect them on a personal and emotional level for the rest of their lives.

Comment

• Mayweather ducked Pacquiao intentionally for five years. He said it himself:

"I waited until the time was right, when things were on my terms and we were the A side and we could do things our way, we turned that into a $600-million fight"

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...lovkin--106117

Comment

• $100m+ to compete in your job against someone who doesn't/can't do your job. I'd be chasing it too.

Besides, let's not act like Manny's team desperately wanted that fight either or chased it. All sorts of excuses regarding testing and being scared of needles were thrown around which have since been shown were contradictions anyway. The reason that fight didn't happen sooner is probably the fault of both sides.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 02-17-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                Mayweather ducked Pacquiao intentionally for five years. He said it himself:

"I waited until the time was right, when things were on my terms and we were the A side and we could do things our way, we turned that into a $600-million fight"

aka..before I get in the ring with this killer, I am going to make sure, I have every conceivable advantage, grossly in my favor....straight like that...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  You ask Manny Pacquaio, why he needed 24 days, or ask your Boy Floyd, why he needed 14 days...personally, I don't give a f**k...because the argument ain't about testing, its about why Floyd ain't push up on Manny Pacquaio, the way he is pushing up on a non boxing dude...and

Kick rocks....I don't feel the need to explain myself any more thorough than what I already have, because ya can't even comprehend or respect what I gave ya....I gave ya dates, facts, figures, etc., and you still sitting here acting like, manny pacquaio, absolutely ducked Floyd Mayweather, and he was sitting at the same table Floyd was...and

I don't have to concede anything bruh, my opinion is mine and unbiased, and I did my homework thoroughly...and yours is yours, albeit with Floyd fanboy logic...

I know all too well a Floyd boy is going fault the pacquaio camp because that is what they do...I don't know who is worse the Floyd boys, or the Hopkins boys, the Hopkins boys, it was always a bigger excuse why he lost...the Floyd boys, its always the other cats fault, even though Floyd loves to crow about how he is his own boss, and you cats regurgitate every word...

Meanwhile, the word on the street, is Floyd is looking, like an absolute sucker, for pushing fighting this MMA dude, when its some thorough young lions, that was begging for a shot for years...

Thats a mighty long post just to say that you cant explain ****.

As expected.

Pac loverboys like you never could tell me why random testing was such a danger to Pac. Clean athletes dont run from tests.

Keep trying though lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                    Mayweather ducked Pacquiao intentionally for five years. He said it himself:

Mayweather says lots of things. Mayweather offered 50/50 and Pacquiao turned it down over testing, then Mayweather offered 50/50 and a 14 day cut off for testing and Pacquiao turned that down. This is fact. Pacquiao ducked.

Comment

• when someone says they will give you something(the fight) if you agree to do something(the testing) and then you agree to do that thing and they change their mind(40 million flat offer no ppv). thats a duck. thats exactly what floyd did which shows he was bluffing the whole time. you cant see that?

since some of you have the intellect of children here is a scenario for you...if your mom says i'll give you 20 bucks if you wash the dishes and you say no ill only wash some of them and she says nope and continuously taunts you and says "wash the dishes, wash the dishes, wash the dishes!" then you say ok fine ill do it and then she says oh sh-it ummm i meant to say ill give you 2 bucks. you wouldn't think that was wrong? you wouldn't think she was full of sh-it? now pretend your mom is floyd. she's right after all!

Comment

Working...
                      X