Froch won't give Ward credit because "his style is too ugly "

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    "his style is too ugly "...............................hahahaha.....really

Here's a fellow with the WORST jab I've ever seen talking about a fighter who fought on the highest levels in the amateurs is undefeated the past 20 years and this guy void of style and form criticizes him? What a joke!
    Now I know this guy does commentary so someone is sticking a mic in his face all the time but for this guy to knock GGG and Ward is a joke, he was a marginal talent who hid in the "junior" weight class all the time and was a C+ talent.

No one will ever bring up Froch when speaking of great fighters or champions the guy was ordinary at best. You will rarely find a retired fighter knock current fighters it reminds me of the idiots on forums who are world champions in their mothers basements.

Ray
    I agree with everything. Finally a poster with common sense haha.

I personally would rather watch Ward than Froch any day of the week. At least with Ward I know I'm watching something special. If I want to watch an exciting fighter who throws punches in bunches, there are plenty of them and I would certainly pick someone with a more aesthetically pleasing style than the sloppy, technically mediocre and utterly hittable Froch.

Froch always has something negative to say about fellow boxers. He started with Calzaghe, then Khan, then Ward and now Golovkin is his main target. The jealousy is obvious. Three of them are on a completely different level and that is what irks him. As far as Khan, he has made it in the US having headlined fight cards in various cities including Las Vegas - Froch's dream - whereas no one cares about Froch in the US.

When you hear him talk, you are under the impression that he considers himself as some sort of all-time great legend. And I think he's delusional enough to believe it. He might be that in the U.K. but in the grand scheme of things he's simply an ordinary fighter, like there have been thousands.
    Last edited by Loque-san; 01-28-2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Froch and Ward are both horrible to watch, but more so Ward because at least Froch looked somewhat menacing and was more willing to fight. I still think Ward won, but I don't think anyone, casuals or fans, can honestly say they look forward to watching him fight. Some boxers are unfairly labelled boring, but as a boxing fan I appreciate their skills and finesse, but Ward is undeniably boring and a massive turn-off for viewers.

Comment

My old nab pretty nuch says the same thing. I think it is the way people involved in boxing in the UK view boxing. The Americans place a lot more emphasis on technique. British people value a good tear up. Not to say they can't recognise and appreciate technique, but they expect it to show the person is a class apart.

Comment

Working...
        X