Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito That Beat Cotto vs Canelo....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

margaritos sww career is beyond laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      At the time Santos was a champion and a top guy in the division. He won by judges(not sure what fight they were seeing) but didn't win win. You didn't see the fight because your starting argument was that Margarito didn't bully him when he actually did. Now you moved the goal post.
      At the time that division was really weak with only Wright and Mosley truly being high level fighters and we were able to see what happened when he finally fought a much older Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        Liam Smith bullied Canelo up onto the ropes in the first round. So there are no excuses of him gassing. lol @ that. I have current 1 eyed Margarito stopping Liam Smith in the 9th.

It only goes 1 way in my mind... prime Tony relentlessly walking Canelo down into the ropes but instead of standing in front of him like that Brit.... he puts his head on Canelo's chest and just snatch his wind from some hellacious rib shots. Round 6 and on would be very entertaining to watch imo.
        Prime WARgarito only loses to Floyd and DLH of fighters of recent times. The man was a monster. Canelo gets stopped in the early rounds. Bricks for feet and low ring IQ against Margarito, that's bad news like the bears.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Prime WARgarito only loses to Floyd and DLH of fighters of recent times. The man was a monster. Canelo gets stopped in the early rounds. Bricks for feet and low ring IQ against Margarito, that's bad news like the bears.
          I find it interesting that you used bricks to describe Canelo and not Margarito. Prime Margarito was defeated by Williams,Santos,and Mosley. He was ordinary when he fought guys close to his size.

Comment

Canelo would have demolished Margarito, too big, too strong and too fast. Take away Margarito's dodgy wraps and he's really nothing special.

Comment

The Margarito without the eye problems and the one who still had magnificent conditioning would absolutely 100% beat Canelo only way Canelo wins is by avoiding being stopped because the judges would rob Tony.

There is just no way does Canelo keep up with the pace prime Margarito set it would way too much plus I noticed Canelo doesn't tend to throw when an opponent is comboing up he doesn't do it much.

Comment

Canelo of today would slaughter any version of Margarito. Canelo is sharp as razor in the ring these days and he is punching with great speed, power, and accuracy with both hands to head and body. He would make a human punching bag out of Margarito. Even the rugged Margarito can't stay standing from the bombs Canelo would put on him. Margarito's great work rate and stamina wouldn't do him much good because he would get knocked out early in my opinion.Margarito was a good fighter but Canelo has developed into a great fighter.

Comment

People seems to dont know how much bigger Canelo is it would be a sloughter.

Comment

Working...
                  X