Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao-Crawford Likely To Happen at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news. Wasn't interested in Pac pulling up another guy to 147. Crawford just moved to 140 so meeting at 140 is solid and if it does take place at 140, it will be an excellent fight for Pac and Crawford. Especially for Crawford who's trying to make his case as the #1 P4P...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I can't argue much with the other stuff you said. Can only agree to disagree.

This last part is silly doe. Crawford is clearly moving up in the world & Pac is clearly moving down in the world, but I don't believe its a foregone conclusion that Crawford is higher than Pac or Pac is lower than Crawford yet.

I guess I'm just not all that confident in a guy who's arguably most impressive W was a KO of a inactive 126lber @ 135lbs who actually caught him a couple times. I'm not sold on a stronger chin at higher weights. I'm not sold on Crawford's chin at all. He's got skills granted. And personally I'd much rather see him vs Postol next anyway.
      I would have liked to see Pac just fight actual 147 pounders while Crawford can take on the likes of Broner, Garcia, Bradley, Math, Porter, etc. Even IF he fought them at 147-these guys are natural 140 pounders.

A guy like Bradley doesn't have the power to hurt him but has the skills to test/beat him where as Garcia has the power but not the skills... However, the Pac fight is solid at 140 though. Yet the distractors will cry about how Pac was past prime (if he loses) even though some are picking him to beat Crawford.... Mayweather Hoya drama all over again.

Either way Crawford is the future but has a long and difficult road to go down first.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Good news. Wasn't interested in Pac pulling up another guy to 147. Crawford just moved to 140 so meeting at 140 is solid and if it does take place at 140, it will be an excellent fight for Pac and Crawford. Especially for Crawford who's trying to make his case as the #1 P4P...
        crawford has 6 fights his whole career at 135 or under.

most his fights were above 135.

when he beat breidis prescott it was at JWW.

crawford moved down to 135 just to grab a few belts.

after hatton, pac fought cotto, clottey, marg, mosley.

reason pac was fighting 140 guys after was arum/top rank ran out of 147 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          I would have liked to see Pac just fight actual 147 pounders while Crawford can take on the likes of Broner, Garcia, Bradley, Math, Porter, etc. Even IF he fought them at 147-these guys are natural 140 pounders.

A guy like Bradley doesn't have the power to hurt him but has the skills to test/beat him where as Garcia has the power but not the skills... However, the Pac fight is solid at 140 though. Yet the distractors will cry about how Pac was past prime (if he loses) even though some are picking him to beat Crawford.... Mayweather Hoya drama all over again.

Either way Crawford is the future but has a long and difficult road to go down first.
          LOL all those guys you listed are bigger than pac

Comment

Working...
          X