No announcement yet.

Rosado Vs Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IconicOne86 View Post
    What makes you think he can "probably" take it. What do you see about Rosado that would trouble Cotto? I agree with Martinez being 10x the fighter Rosado is which would be a good fight to get use to the larger Martinez for Cotto. Rosado isn't tall, can't outbox Cotto, and is not a pressure fighter. I got Cotto by UD or possibly 5-7th round KO
    Gabe's an easy 6'0 tall with a 74' reach, Cotto's 5'7 with a 68 reach... Your saying Rosado aint tall??

He also is a pressure fighter when he wants to be! I got Gabe by late stoppage (and I'm a huge Cotto fan, I'm just not delusional), I'd rather see Cotto fight Bundrage before Sergio, if that's whats happening!

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      Gabe's an easy 6'0 tall with a 74' reach, Cotto's 5'7 with a 68 reach... Your saying Rosado aint tall??

He also is a pressure fighter when he wants to be! I got Gabe by late stoppage (and I'm a huge Cotto fan, I'm just not delusional), I'd rather see Cotto fight Bundrage before Sergio, if that's whats happening!
      You don't have to be delusional to think Cotto can win this fight. He'd be the favorite.

Comment

Ishe Smith ‏@IsheSugarShay 19m

unbelievable; what a bummer

Ishe Smith ‏@IsheSugarShay 52s

I will have a statement later tonight......

sounds like ishe may pull out.

cotto/smith sept. 28???? maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          You don't have to be delusional to think Cotto can win this fight. He'd be the favorite.
          I'm sorry but you would have to be.

Cotto is over the hill, the only reason he would be favourite would be name value!

But the styles are all wrong for him, Gabe is a good boxer with a nice jab who is tall and rangy compared to Cotto. He is physically stronger and hits harder that Cotto. And will weigh close to Cotto on fight night but will have the added advantage of having muscle mass as opposed to Fat which Cotto is when over 147...

Combine that with the fact Rosado is young and durable as well as a good pressure fighter when called on, Cotto's punches wouldn't trouble him and Gabes punches would hurt Miguel!

Tell me how you would foresee Cotto winning?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Rosado wants another ass beating? He's no better than K9, just younger. Loses every time he steps up the comp.
            It's not like Cotto is gonna give him a worse one than 3G did, and this one will be for a bigger payday in front of a bigger crowd. Cotto goes from one tough match-up to another.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              I'm sorry but you would have to be.

Cotto is over the hill, the only reason he would be favourite would be name value!

But the styles are all wrong for him, Gabe is a good boxer with a nice jab who is tall and rangy compared to Cotto. He is physically stronger and hits harder that Cotto. And will weigh close to Cotto on fight night but will have the added advantage of having muscle mass as opposed to Fat which Cotto is when over 147...

Combine that with the fact Rosado is young and durable as well as a good pressure fighter when called on, Cotto's punches wouldn't trouble him and Gabes punches would hurt Miguel!

Tell me how you would foresee Cotto winning?
              Rosado's power and work rate aren't overwhelming by any stretch, his big thing in this fight is his chin and the amount of punishment he can take. Cotto needs to turn Rosado and work his longer body, something he doesn't do as much as he should sometimes. Hopefully he keeps Diaz, he'll need to use his jab to set up his combination and not get caught leaning over on the inside, it's how he always gets caught with uppercuts.

Rosado is not Austin Trout. He doesn't have that work rate and he doesn't use his physical advantages, he gets in close and negates his reach. Cotto can and WILL win this fight it it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                It's not like Cotto is gonna give him a worse one than 3G did, and this one will be for a bigger payday in front of a bigger crowd. Cotto goes from one tough match-up to another.
                I just don't like Rosado talked shit about Cotto when Cotto has never ducked anyone in his career. Cotto shouldn't give him the fight for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  Ishe Smith ‏@IsheSugarShay 19m

unbelievable; what a bummer

Ishe Smith ‏@IsheSugarShay 52s

I will have a statement later tonight......

sounds like ishe may pull out.

cotto/smith sept. 28???? maybe.
                  He'd be stripped if he did that, that fight isn't even interesting with Smith's belt to take. If Cotto fights Molina now though, even without the belt, that would be a good win.

Comment

I like this fight make it happen.

Comment

gabe is a club fighter, the guy was getting outboxed by Love, Cotto is a world class fighter, he would literally mop the floor with gabe. i seriously can't believe people think gabe has a shot, let alone deserves to fight cotto.

i seriously think bernard or someone from philly is paying people to write about this bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X