Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll:@Floyd Haters, will you still hate him if he had a lovable personality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    I've never cheered for Floyd and I'm considered a F-mo on here
    dont lie... you know you got Floyd pom poms

Comment

The people that say Floyd never took risks haven't been watching the sport for all that long most likely. Either that, or they have been watching for awhile, and have forgotten all the really good wins Floyd does have in his career.

I don't care what anyone does outside of the ring, it doesn't make me like or dislike them more or less. I only care what they do in the ring.

Comment

I personally think his personality is all an act. I bet if you met him on the street you'd come away saying "wow he's awesome." I've never met him though so I could be wrong though. What bothers me the most about Mayweather is the fact that since 08 he's fought like what 4 guys? I think he's an amazing athlete who could have gone down in history as one of the greatest fighters ever had he stayed more active and fought the top competition. Just think if right now we were sitting here and Floyd had beat Cotto, Margo, and Pacquiao. I don't think he'd lose any of those fights and would have truly cemented his legacy. You make me think of a philosophical question though, what makes someone your favorite fighter? If I'm never willing to miss a Mayweather fight, wouldn't you consider him one of my favorites even if I'm rooting for him to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          I personally think his personality is all an act. I bet if you met him on the street you'd come away saying "wow he's awesome." I've never met him though so I could be wrong though. What bothers me the most about Mayweather is the fact that since 08 he's fought like what 4 guys? I think he's an amazing athlete who could have gone down in history as one of the greatest fighters ever had he stayed more active and fought the top competition. Just think if right now we were sitting here and Floyd had beat Cotto, Margo, and Pacquiao. I don't think he'd lose any of those fights and would have truly cemented his legacy. You make me think of a philosophical question though, what makes someone your favorite fighter? If I'm never willing to miss a Mayweather fight, wouldn't you consider him one of my favorites even if I'm rooting for him to lose?
          He can still do it though. He's fighting Cotto, and fights like Pacquiao, Sergio, Kirkland, Alvarez, Khan, and others are out there as well, depending on who beats who in the next 6-12 months.

Comment

floyd is the highest acclaimed boxer i've seen who has never fought a great fighter in their prime, roy did, hopkins did, pacquiao did, mayweather, none, nada, zilch

instead the best opponents he's faced are good but not great fighters like hatton or castillo, where he noticebly struggles and loses rounds to

hopkins destroyed tito, pacquiao decimated barrera, roy toyed with toney
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-17-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
              Curious as to the primary reason Floyd haters hate him.

Say Floyd still hate taking riskes, and at time still fight super cautious and in a boring sort of way.

BUT, his personality total changes. He's incredibly humble, non stop charity work, one wife no domestic abuse, shows love to his family, smiles all the time, great interviews, always be a gentleman even when Larry Merchant pushes him, priases everyone. Etc just basically the perfect human being.

Will you still hate him for ducking hard fights and not fighing Pac, or your opinion changes.
              He retired like a ***** when the WW division was very challenging. After they beat up on each other, he comes back to fight a LW @ a CATCH WEIGHT.

Starting at 0:16 sec of this video.

Floyd: We're not fighting to prove to THE BOXING FANS who the best is.

After I saw that, he can go fuck himself. Sorry but I don't fall for that bling bling bullshit that most of his fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                He can still do it though. He's fighting Cotto, and fights like Pacquiao, Sergio, Kirkland, Alvarez, Khan, and others are out there as well, depending on who beats who in the next 6-12 months.
                That's very true. But at this point in time the thing that bothers me the most is that I find myself ranking on him on skills and hypothetical wins he could have had. Don't get me wrong, I'm no cheerleader for Floyd, but it's hard to deny his skills. Also to be honest I didn't get into boxing until the Oscar fight, so while I'm aware of his wins before that they don't mean as much to me since I wasn't there witnessing it in the moment. Not to down play the wins he had at LW, but it's always different looking at the wins in hindsight.

Comment

a ducker with a lovable personality? yea i would support him.

Comment

Working...
                  X