Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac has done alot and one can only hope the Floyd fight will happen soon

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213
      Well atleast Arnold was college educated and was a very successful business man. Wtf does Pacquiao know other than condom should be banned because God said "go forth and multiply."

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        i know right...well, to big dunn, if your a womanizer , youre automaticlly a corrupt politician...but your exempted from that "rule of thumb"(big duns atleast) if your an american ....nice logic , aint it?...
        WHat about the taking of money while under contract, thats why he would be a corrupt politician. The cheating just shows he's not a real good guy as depicted. He's like ODH, except I don't believe manny does coke and wears fishnet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          He made a deal a few months ago to swap jobs with the governor of his province in 2013 so it's already a done deal. He's already done a lot in his first year+ as congressman including recently breaking ground on the first hospital in the province and personally paying for the relocation of 100 families who were homeless following a tsunami, among other programs he's initiated to alleviate poverty.
          The underlined are great things kudos to Manny for that. But those are philantrophy types of things. Manny didn't need to be an elected official to do those things. As for the bold what are these programs, are they programs that needed to be voted for where a plan with projections were put together to show how it would help the people and the government.

I am not saying these things to downgrade or be disrespectful to Manny cause giving his own money to build a hospital and relocate homeless families are GREAT things. But Bill Gates gives billions of dollars away to causes like Manny is doing but Bill Gates didn't run for office to do it. I don't know Philipine politics not gonna act like I know it but it seems to me that maybe Manny could of put his money behind someone schooled in politics and got those samethings done without being an elected official.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            The underlined are great things kudos to Manny for that. But those are philantrophy types of things. Manny didn't need to be an elected official to do those things. As for the bold what are these programs, are they programs that needed to be voted for where a plan with projections were put together to show how it would help the people and the government.

I am not saying these things to downgrade or be disrespectful to Manny cause giving his own money to build a hospital and relocate homeless families are GREAT things. But Bill Gates gives billions of dollars away to causes like Manny is doing but Bill Gates didn't run for office to do it. I don't know Philipine politics not gonna act like I know it but it seems to me that maybe Manny could of put his money behind someone schooled in politics and got those samethings done without being an elected official.
            He is the main spokesperson for the SAVE program which would bolster the garment industry and increase exports to the U.S. (it would need both U.S. and Philippine congressional approval) which is why I think he went out of his way to meet with Harry Reid during the Mosley fight buildup, it was to strengthen his ties with powerful U.S. politicians. So obviously that would pour billions into the industry and create jobs, helping the common people as well as the government. He's also championing a raise in minimum wage laws.

He also initiated a government program that allocates land to farmers and boats/supplies to fisherman to bolster both agriculture and fishing in his province. So while his programs are philanthropic and he personally puts up money many times, he goes through the political channels for his initiatives. Even the Hospital he built, he had to lobby for government funds to cover the majority of the costs and his endorsement of other programs earned his province 7 ambulances (where they had 0 before).

So the man is putting in the work in his political job, it's not just talk and empty promises. He should have absolutely no issue getting that governorship in 2013.
            Last edited by ThePrince; 09-07-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

his running for governor guys, if dirty harry and conan the barbarian can be governors it aint too bad for a boxer to be one...

I just hope when and if PAC retires he retires for good, no comebacksm just enjoy his neew life...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                He is the main spokesperson for the SAVE program which would bolster the garment industry and increase exports to the U.S. (it would need both U.S. and Philippine congressional approval) which is why I think he went out of his way to meet with Harry Reid during the Mosley fight buildup, it was to strengthen his ties with powerful U.S. politicians. So obviously that would pour billions into the industry and create jobs, helping the common people as well as the government. He's also championing a raise in minimum wage laws.

He also initiated a government program that allocates land to farmers and boats/supplies to fisherman to bolster both agriculture and fishing in his province. So while his programs are philanthropic and he personally puts up money many times, he goes through the political channels for his initiatives. Even the Hospital he built, he had to lobby for government funds to cover the majority of the costs and his endorsement of other programs earned his province 7 ambulances (where they had 0 before).

So the man is putting in the work in his political job, it's not just talk and empty promises. He should have absolutely no issue getting that governorship in 2013.

Sounds good to me! Great job

Comment

Working...
                X