No announcement yet.

Wrestling Shoes for MMA training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestling Shoes for MMA training?

What are you guys wearing to protect your toes?

I'm looking for something durable and affordable for NoGi and Judo.
    Suggestions appreciated!

What's wrong with your feet? Go get a pedicure and clip your toe nails.

Comment

If you must have wrestling shoes, you can find asics anywhere from $40 to $150...

Comment

If you need some wrestling shoes, just go to your looking sporting goods outlet and try some on and see what you like, or do some research online. Or go try some on, find what you like, and then buy them online.

Wrestling shoes are not really acceptable attire for judo. If you have trouble with your toes, tape is your best bet. Judo involves broken toes. It's part of the sport. If you pinky toes get tweaked (as mine are), just tape them to their neighboring toe. You'll likely injure other toes. When you do, just tape them to the next toe (to the bigger toe. Unless it's the biggest one, obviously).

If you are scared for your toes, judo is probably not the best sport for you. That said, while my pinky toes are distorted, my other toes are fine.

Comment

+1 for SherDog... where several members gave much better, less holier-than-thou tips.

Comment

I don't know who's being holier than thou, but I've never seen anybody wear shoes for Nogi or Judo...

Comment

So you just want someone to do your shopping for you?

There are different choices, you know. It's just what you like.

Comment

Working...
              X