No announcement yet.

That fight was no robbery or draw..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    If you take everything into account, Maidana was robbed of the opportunity to fight with punchers gloves that were approved by the commissions. 2 of 3 judges were out to lunch. If you look at their scores, they had Floyd ahead after 5 rounds. Those were Maidana's best rounds. So that tells you that even if Maidana stayed consistent and did the same throughout the fight, those 2 judges still would have had Floyd winning by a 8-4 score or more.

That is nonsense!

So you believe the fight last night was a robbery??Is that what ya saying??

Comment

Of course it wasn't a robbery.

No one with a functioning brain thinks it was a robbery.

Floyd won a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        If you take everything into account, Maidana was robbed of the opportunity to fight with punchers gloves that were approved by the commissions. 2 of 3 judges were out to lunch. If you look at their scores, they had Floyd ahead after 5 rounds. Those were Maidana's best rounds. So that tells you that even if Maidana stayed consistent and did the same throughout the fight, those 2 judges still would have had Floyd winning by a 8-4 score or more.

That is nonsense!

Punchers gloves and come in as a middle weight ,he can't have it both ways.

Comment

It could easily have been scored a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            No robbery maidana faded

Comment

Originally posted by fighter86 View Post
              Punchers gloves and come in as a middle weight ,he can't have it both ways.
              Is this an actual rule on the books, or a rule that floyd made up?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Seems as if the judging was a bit biased. For the most part Chino would control and dictate his fight and the pace of the fight. He would outwork, outpunch, outland Floyd for 85% of the round and if Floyd landed 2 clean punches they would give the round to Floyd. I have to watch it again but I had Chino winning 4 or 5 of the first 6 rounds and another late round that Floyd chose to take off. 7-5 Floyd or a draw is what it should have been. 117-111 was obviously a corrupted scorecard. Great fight nonetheless.
                Check the post fight punch stats. He didn't outland Floyd anywhere. Floyd nearly doubled Maidana in accuracy by the end of the fight (230 of 426 vs 221 of 858). So there was no "giving" the round to Mayweather. He won the rounds based on the criteria for scoring.

Comment

Maidana was 168 on fight night! Floyd was under 150.

I don't think the fight was that close. I thought Floyd won the fight outright. I thought Maidana should have had a poing taken away as well for some of those illegal rabit punches everytime he had Floyd against the ropes

Comment

I said what I said. Maidana was promoted as a KO artist yet they robbed him of that opportunity by removing his most important weapon. His punchers gloves.
                    Then you had those crazy scores that were wrong when you look a their scores. Floyd should NOT have been wining the fight after 6 rounds. Those were Maidana's best rounds. Scores were bad! Best score was 114-114. One can say 7-5 for either Floyd or Maidana and one can't complain too much. So in that sense no, not a robbery but the scores were terrible by 2 judges. Just look at the early rounds. Unacceptable!

Promoting the fight:
                    This is an extremely dangerous fight for Floyd as Marcos Maidana is a technical knock-out artist and continues to show us............;
                    said Leonard Ellerbe
                    Last edited by ADP02; 05-04-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

GTFOH with the bull**** already..Mayweather beat Maidana in a closely competitive fight..I had it 8-4 for Mayweather..I see no need for a rematch,or for anyone to make this into something it's not..Maidana was not robbed,he fought hard but did not have the stamina to win this fight..

I do tip my hat to Maidana doe,much better showing then I expected..
                      i thought mayfeather took it easy on maidana and stretched out the fight on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                      X