No announcement yet.

Suicide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide

Has any poster ever considered it?, or known someone who has taken their own life. I have considered it in the past but bottled it every time, the fear of the fact you are going to end it seems to overwhelm the mindset to go ahead with it. Any alpha poster coming in acting the big man can get to ****

Are you okay man?

Comment

Me and my wife used to have a female friend who dated much a younger guy. He had some money in his family and she used it. They both had new cars, renovated their residence, they both wore expensive clothes, ate out at expensive places, the whole 9 yards.

After a couple years she left him (for a guy older than her). Now I know he had family problems on top of the financial issues she brought on, and he shot himself. Really sad cause he was a nice guy.

Now we never saw the guy sad, but I saw alot of sadness at his closed casket funeral where so many people were so upset he'd do such a thing and some even blamed themselves.

If you're having problems yourself and contemplating suicide, please don't. Seek help, talk to friends, do anything but don't do something that hurts your family and friends like suicide does. No matter your issues (unless you have a terminal disease), they are temporary while suicide is permanent.

Comment

I've certainly found myself in periods of time that I was tired of living because nothing was going right, but never to the point of wanting to off myself. I don't think there's many issues that we face in western society that are insurmountable. I think when you've been through enough **** in life you realize there's always a brighter day, at least for most of us. Some people really are in horrible positions or mentally ill. The people I've encountered who said they were suicidal were usually delusional and had an easy life. Then when finally faced with difficulties, they think there's no hope and that it's the worst thing in the world. Often times it's an easy solution. I've encountered so many people like this. The one person I know that did kill himself never mentioned it to anyone. You could tell he was a dark person but you wouldn't expect it.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

If you're having problems yourself and contemplating suicide, please don't. Seek help, talk to friends, do anything but don't do something that hurts your family and friends like suicide does. No matter your issues (unless you have a terminal disease), they are temporary while suicide is permanent.
        Great post.

Comment

Yes, I've contemplated suicide before. I told my parents about it. My Dad, who's always focused on work/money/business and out of touch with other things, said to me - "suicide? What do you wanna go do something like that? There's no money in suicide...How you gonna go work if do that?"

He was right, though - how are you gonna work and make a living if you commit suicide?

Comment

Yes I have, if you're thinking about it don't do it. Talk to someone, anyone.

A friend of mine killed himself, devestating.

Comment

I was talking about the past. I went to my gp was put on antidepressants and both types ( I went to gp to ask for another form of antidepressant), left me feeling almost zombie like. In a daze and slow reacting. If I took them at night I would get restless legs so couldn't sleep. Was just wondering about other posters experiences. It's just I'm out of working will be going to homeless accommodation, and already feel low. I don't wannabe on medication. An active life I have been told can help, bit with little to no money how can I lead an active lifestyle such as attending the gym or taking up a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Duggie View Post
                Has any poster ever considered it?, or known someone who has taken their own life. I have considered it in the past but bottled it every time, the fear of the fact you are going to end it seems to overwhelm the mindset to go ahead with it. Any alpha poster coming in acting the big man can get to ****
                Anytime those thoughts creep in you gotta think about all those people you care about who care about you and how badly it will effect their lives. Use it as motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Anytime those thoughts creep in you gotta think about all those people you care about who care about you and how badly it will effect their lives. Use it as motivation.
                  Point noted, being an introvert probably doesn't help matters. I don't see my family often despite them living in the same city. Maybe twice a year. They would be upset but I'm not a staple in their lives to a degree

Comment

Keep fighting Duggie. Find something to focus on and do what makes you happy.

Also take vitamin D in the winter. Lack of sunlight can cause depression.

Comment

Working...
                    X