No announcement yet.

Question about the extra minute in round 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the extra minute in round 1

Very odd...I'm sure we've all seen rounds run long before, but a full minute is crazy.

What if a KD, or a headbutt, illegal blow, or a stoppage occurred at any time past the 3 minute mark?

If you were conscious of the round being over do you stop there, or do you score the fight as long as there is action?

Anything that would have been a big game changer could have been challenged for a NC, right?

they shoulda made round 2 a 2min round to balance it out

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
      Very odd...I'm sure we've all seen rounds run long before, but a full minute is crazy.

What if a KD, or a headbutt, illegal blow, or a stoppage occurred at any time past the 3 minute mark?

If you were conscious of the round being over do you stop there, or do you score the fight as long as there is action?

Anything that would have been a big game changer could have been challenged for a NC, right?
      I thought there was a head clash at the end of the first round that resulted in a cut for Geale. I don't think it's grounds for a NC but it is unfortunate and the time keeper should be held responsible for the mistake.

Comment

Well neither fighter gains an unfair advantage. It's an extra minute for both of them.

If a KD or something like that occurred I believe it should count as if it was business as usual.

Comment

It actually happened on FNF when Robert Garcia was fighting Prescott. Doesn't happen often but it happened two weeks in a row.

Comment

The record keeper was messing up all night long.

For some reason there was a 5 second warning but the guy was all over the place, sometimes it was with 7 seconds left and sometimes with 2 seconds left. The rounds were a little longer in the Dusty harrison i think. How hard is it to press a stop watch?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              Well neither fighter gains an unfair advantage. It's an extra minute for both of them.

If a KD or something like that occurred I believe it should count as if it was business as usual.
              True but what if either fighter was hurt at the 2:57 mark and those 3 seconds were enough to get him to the end of the round and on the stool to clear his head.

Or lets say fighter A is cruising and winning the round easily, but that 4th minute the other fighter goes on a tear and starts landing at will.

Do you score the fight as long as there is action, or are you to be cognizant of the time own your own accord?

Under a different set of circumstances it could have been the difference between a W and a L.

So nothing is to come of it and we just get extra fighting time?

Comment

Seems to happen every now and then.

Some years ago, a guy scored a KO in what was a five minute round. Can't recall the names. Crazy.

Comment

The timekeeper had money on GGG by early round stoppage

Comment

goodboy was being vicious. they were distracted.

i don't blame them. i'd be peeing all over the place, and making womanly noises and gestures.

Comment

Working...
                    X