Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most impressive up-and-coming heavyweight in 2012?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the most impressive up-and-coming heavyweight in 2012?

What up-and-coming heavyweight(s) impressed you the most in 2012?
    Kubrat Pulev
    15.91%
    Tyson Fury
    17.05%
    Bryant Jennings
    15.91%
    Deontay Wilder
    9.09%
    David Price
    29.55%
    Vyacheslav Glazkov
    6.82%
    Magomed Abdusalamov
    4.55%
    Francesco Pianeta
    0.00%
    Artur Szpilka
    1.14%
    Andrzej Wawrzyk
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-27-2012, 07:29 PM.

NONE. lol but if I had to pick it will be wilder

Comment

David Price looks like he could end up being the real deal, but I've heard he may have chin issues??? Not sure if that's true or not.

Bryant Jennings is the best American HW. I'd love to see him fight someone like Chagaev, Glazkov, Cunningham next. I just fear he may not have quite enough pop to keep the really big guys off of him at HW. Same problem Cunningham will run into against bigger HW's.

Glazkov looks good too. Would love a Jennings-Glazkov up and comer prospect fight.

I was looking forward to seeing Mike Perez finally step up against Chagaev, but he was injured.

But I'd go with Price, Glazkov, and Jennings.

Comment

Anyone heard anything about this Towers guy from the UK??? He's supposedly like 6'9'' or some s**t.

Comment

kubrat pulev

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Anyone heard anything about this Towers guy from the UK??? He's supposedly like 6'9'' or some s**t.
            he pretty bad ass, aint a fat fuck I can say that. check em out, he fights tall and is in shape. klitchos style.

http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-w...-gregory-tony/

Comment

I voted Glazkov, he impressed me the most. I feel he fought slightly better opposition than most of the others and feel albeit he doesn't have some of physical attributes others may possess, he is more complete and showed more variety in his work.

He looks a solid all-round fighter to me my only nag is I feel he may not quite have the size needed to compete with some of the bigger boys but with that said he has fought a lot of huge guys in the AMs with good success.

Look forward to seeing more of Mr Glazkov in the near future.

Comment

I think Fury has shown big improvement. He is looking good.

Chin issues or not Price, if he hits any heavyweight the right way, they are gonna go over.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  He's as big but even less skilled than Tye Fields.

He needed a home referee help him win against a clubfighter that Helenius KOed easily.

Francesco Pianeta, although he isn't anything special either, will beat him when they fight for the European Union title (a secondary European title).

Comment

Has to be Pulev, he fought and beat in impressive two top ranked contenders in 2012. Jennnings was also pretty impressive as he rose from relative obscurity to showcase fighter on network tv.

Comment

Working...
                    X