Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Marquez beats Pacquiao, will you still be interested in Mayweather-Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pacquiao can't lose, even if he did i'd still want to see pac mayweather though

Comment

Pacquiao has been knocked out twice by D fighters, and outboxed by a C fighter. He can definitely be beaten because he has been beaten before.

Most people do think Pacquiao lost against Marquez twice.

The numbers support Marquez' wins as well as one simply watching both fights. Manny's 3 knockdowns in the first down heavily swayed the judges, but it should not have got him a draw when Marquez practically won the rest of the rounds in the first fight.

The second fight was an even better performance by Marquez, with only one knockdown. Regardless, the judges gave Pacquiao a win this time and not even a draw. Which is ridiculous because Marquez boxed better, got knocked down less but lost instead of even getting a draw that time around.

We all know why it happened, and it sure wasn't because Pacquiao actually beat or outboxed him. Arum was creating his next star and sometimes there has to be collateral damage. Gift decisions will play a role in that scenario.

I don't like Marquez' chances in this upcoming fight ONLY because I don't know how well he's aged. Its 3 years later. Pacquiao is having Marquez come up to WW. Its just not a well made fight for fans who understand what's really happening.

Roach, Arum and Pacquiao manipulate EVERY aspect of a fight to get EVERY possible advantage while attempting to seem like they are the "small guy" stepping up to bigger challenges.

Of course its bull****, but the boxing brass has been able to sell it to the peasants.

Comment

I want mayweather to be the one to beat and expose him..

IF Marquez did it the fight wouldn't be so big to me..

All though if he was beaten by Marquez then slapped around by Mayweather it would really show how protected he has been since Marquez 2. The type of fighter/Catchweights/usually coming off a loss etc...

Comment

Yeah ill watch it. But for marquez to win he gotta score at least a knockdown!

Comment

I think there's a better chance at Jesus Christ coming down to save everyone. Being that's never gonna happen, you know the rest

Comment

you cant rly say jmm sucks at this weight bc the only person he fought is floyd. this thread is great hard for these people who call themselves boxing fans to argue against mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                2004: In his first fight vs Juan Manuel Marquez, Manny Pacquiao threw 639 punches & landed 148 punches.

2008: In their 2nd fight Manny Pacquiao threw 619 punches & landed 157 punches.

148+157= 305

2009: Floyd Mayweather in his fight vs Juan Manuel Marquez threw 493 punches & landed 290!. Mayweather almost landed the same amount of shots on Marquez in one fight than Pacquiao landed in 24 rounds.

Manny Pacquiao in 24 rounds threw 1258 punches. He landed 305 punches.

Floyd Mayweather in 12 rounds threw 493 punches. He landed 290 punches. ONLY 15 less than Manny landed on JMM in 2 fights & he threw 765 less punches than Pacquiao did.

The GAP in skill level is clearly apparent. In each fight vs Marquez, Manny threw over 600 punches and still couldnt land as many on Marquez than Mayweather did.

Notice the superb technician Juan Manuel Marquez....

Notice how Marquez looks like a novice...

If Juan Manuel Marquez beats Manny Pacquiao would you still be interested in a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight?
                For sure people would still want to see it, because they have been pleading for it for ages, and if they dont fight, people will think all their pleas counted for nothing. But as for the credit Floyd will get, it will be considerably less as you can imagine.

As for Floyd landing so many punches. Shame he couldnt knock JMM down having landed so many punches. And i suppose its easier to land punches on someone who is bloated. Im suprised Floyd didnt land more than Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  For sure people would still want to see it, because they have been pleading for it for ages, and if they dont fight, people will think all their pleas counted for nothing. But as for the credit Floyd will get, it will be considerably less as you can imagine.

As for Floyd landing so many punches. Shame he couldnt knock JMM down having landed so many punches. And i suppose its easier to land punches on someone who is bloated. Im suprised Floyd didnt land more than Pac.
                  It is the true mark of a novice fan when he devalues a fighter due to lack of knockdowns and knockouts.

You must be on the wrong forum.

I believe you're looking for Sherdog.com.

Comment

Marquez should say, "I beat Pacquiao 3 times. Our business is finished." Then ride off into the sunset.

Comment

Marquez should say, "I beat Pacquiao 3 times. Our business is finished." Then ride off into the sunset.
                      actually there is a clause in their contract that if JMM wins, they will definitely have a 4th fight. So he can't quit just yet.

Of course if JMM beats Pacquiao, there is no point for Mayweather-Pacquiao because we all know who is the real king. Afterall, they are ducking each other.

But like I said, Marquez defeating Pacquiao is IMPOSSIBLE.
                      Last edited by keehlnate; 10-22-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X