Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by physiker View Post
    People also forget that Toney had/has an ATG shoulder roll too. It's part of what enables him to live with huge powerful HWs!

But Toney's great shoulder roll didn't help him much with the amazing prime Roy.

Shoulder roll wouldn't help FLoyd much either. Prime Roy vs Prime FLoyd, is a relatively easy win for Roy. But it might have been a snooze fest.
    I disagree because thats what seperates Floyd from all the other great defensive guys like Toney, Hopkins, Winky, Pea, etc...

All of those guys have 1 defense. Everyone knows Floyd loves to shoulder roll but he can switch from fight to fight and round to round. Alot of fights he doesnt use it. He can use the high guard, hands out front, and so on. He dont have to stay in that shoulder roll with RJ and he is much quicker with both the hands & feet then Toney

Comment

Originally posted by MrSuplex View Post
      floyd fights like James Toney, except he has balls and floyd has a Pussie.
      Jones schooled Toney, so what do you think he'll do to a Gayweather?
      Lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
        I see people cant grasp the concept of them having different strength, speed and power lb/lb.

My goodness.
        lol..you are totally missing the question....

Comment

Actual fight breakdown:

Floyd struggles a bit more with unorthodox fighters. He got caught with a overhand right counter from no where against Corely. He had to take 3-4 rounds to adjust to Judah. There is a video up where he says Augustus was the hardest fight of his career.

Well Jones just happens to be one of the fastest, most awkward fighters to have ever boxed.

And his laid back, counter punching, shoulder roll style would be a cakewalk for Jones to figure out. I think Mayweather would do better in his more offensive pressure style.

Corley is an orthodox fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
            first, Your not gonna knock Floyd out. Second it would be a boring fight, both like to counter, Floyd more than Roy, Honestly I could see Mayweather missing more than usual, in roys prime he was hard to hit, as is Mayweather (he's still prime). I chose Mayweather by UD, based on the fact he is a more well rounded boxer, Roy and Mayweather were both highly skilled, and even though Roy was hard to hit even with his arms down, and I do think Floyd would not land his usual rate, you still don't want to fight with your arms down, the best example I can give with a fighter that was at Mayweathers weight class who shared roys style, Arms down, head and torso movements, lead lefts, is Prince Nas, Imagine how bad May would pick him apart(I'm not in any way saying prince is or was as good as Roy just the best style comparison in a similar weight class). I remember after Floyd beat Corrales and said he wanted Nas, Merchant responded prince is not gonna fight you after seeing this fight. Anyways Mayweather UD
            YES!! I agree

Comment

Haven't seen that fight in a while, I don't remember the details. Only it was quite entertaining. Nice that fighters were coming to fight instead of run around

About this post. Mayweather doesn't fight with his arms down?

I don't see how you can objectively say that Mayweather has more skills than Roy. Or if you want to say that he has more textbook skills - why is it European fighters get bashed for being like robots. They are fighting by the book to the letter.

Also, the Nas comparison is funny because we have a great comparison of someone Roy actually fought. Toney. Toney has the shoulder roll style defensive down. I don't recall Jones having THAT difficult of a time landing.

Roy didnt always fight with his hands down, at times he would hold his hands up, out and in front of his face.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                I swear people cant comprehend a question he's not asking if Floyd moved up to 175 at 5'9 or moved down to 147 at 5'11. He's if Floyd was 5'11 with a 74 inch reach at 175 or what if Roy was 5'9 with a 72 inch reach at 147 with there same phyiscal skills and IQ but for that weight what would. Lets say Roy is the better athelete, Floyd is better techioncally, one punch Floyd is faster, Roy has slight better reflexes at the same weight I think there equally strong both more combos when they were younger at the same effiency, Floyd ring IQ is a hair better IMO. So if I had to pick in one fight I would a 115-113 Floyd split decision but out of 10 tens times tied at 5.
                ****king thank you!!!!! Sheesh...why cant people comprehend this question?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  This is a very hard one to judge. When you're talking about two guy's who, in their prime, are seperated by 30+lbs how can you judge who's stronger P4P? The KO% for Floyd at his prime weight was high as was Roy's so it's hard to figure.

I think Floyd is a better all around boxer while Roy's is the best fighter I've seen from an athletic stand-point. It's a 50-50 fight for me.
                  Im not asking either of then to move up or down...the question is IF THEY WERE AT ANY WEIGHT WITH THE SAME STYLES...WHOS STYLE WOULD WIN?

Comment

Floyd gets owned.... *****s should agree...

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
                      Floyd gets owned.... *****s should agree...
                      Owned?

Comment

Working...
                      X