No announcement yet.

Found something wrong on rossboxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found something wrong on rossboxing

What actually causes a knockout? Is there anything that a fighter can do to prevent a knockout? These questions are constantly debated. Although the debate remains open, we do know what causes the knockout. When a punch is landed to the head, the circulation to the brain is compressed. The impact to the brain depends on the acceleration and snapping motion of the head. When forcefully struck, the head accelerates backwards or sideways. The force of this acceleration determines whether the knockout occurs. The impact to the brain is dependent on the rapid turning of the head following impact. The carotid arteries in the neck may also compress.

This is wrong and I read thats been dismissed now. Anyone want to argue thats fine but thats what I heard. (mainly referring to the cartriod arteries thing)

What I always hear is exactly what was stated on Ross boxing.

Comment

Think about it. If thats why people get knocked out. How come people dont get knocked out quicker when being put in a choke or strangle. Also, people get hit in the side and back of the head, and that kos them, and I dont think their neck snaps back. Also, when someones on the floor in mma and being hit, their neck cant snap back, but they get kod

Comment

Its not necessarily your neck snapping back, its your brain moving inside your skull. So I guess their argument is incorrect, and btw you can know someone out with a choke in seconds if applied right.

Comment

I know but theyre saying it works by that one snap movement.

Comment

Your brain does snap in it's movements, from a hook, to the side, from a straight to the back. Many things cause a knockout, if I get hit with a jab to the arm, and I just lay down, well technically, that's a knockout isn't it?

Comment

compressing the arteries would not cause a knockout. even if the arteries were completely compressed it would take a delay of at least a second or 2 for the KO to occur.

the brain slamming within the skull is IMO the most likely way

Comment

i dont know what it says there but i stick with a strong neck. if you have a strong neck, your head wont move when being hit and you wont get knocked out...but then there is getting hit in the temple or something...

Comment

/\ think about this man. You can still get KOD when your head is on the floor and your neck doesnt snap back

Comment

i dont know how to say correctly in english but what i heard is when the brain bounces too close to the skull , there is a liquid all around the brain and when the liquid all around the brain isnt equal everywhere it causes balance problems wich explains the knock down and loss of balance

Comment

Working...
                    X