Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Pretend That Wilder Wasn't Signed to Fight the #2 HW in The World.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Joshua has beaten Brezeale, Whyte, Molina, Martin, Johnson and is about to fight Klitschko.
    Klitschko is irrelevant. He hasn't fought him yet.

They both fought Molina, but Wilder fought him first.

Joshua's best win is Martin. Martin was TBRB #9 when Joshua beat him.

Wilder's best win is Stiverne. Stiverne was TBRB #3 when Wilder beat him.

The Duhaupas win is just as impressive as the Martin win. Duhaupas was in the TBRB top ten a lot longer than Martin.

Wilder has the better resume. I don't say that as a criticism of Joshua at all. I'm saying that as a criticism of the idiot trolls that treat Wilder with a double standard.

If Wilder and Joshua keep winning, they will fight. May the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      ortiz called him out for this date wilder had but he decided to fight this big useless football player instead. I guess next year will be the year wilder has his big fight!!! and then when 2018 hits, he'll fight bums and you'll say 2019s gonna be the year he gets the big fights!!! Fact is noones ducking wilder, hes very vulnerable. Doubt haye or ortiz would say no to him, especially seen as haye wobbled him with a headguard on and sparring gloves
      Last year was it but the #1 ranked fighter was caught with PEDs. Unfortunately, Wilder suffered an injury against the replacement opponent which set his career back. Unfortunate to see such bad luck inflicted on a noble warrior that was willing to fight the #1 contender in a hostile environment.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        BoxRec rankings. He SAID THAT
        I mean if we are going by boxrec Washington is not that bad he is 20th.

Interesting enough 12th -19th Eric Molina, Malik Scott, Andy Ruiz Jr., Dominic Breazeale, Dillian Whyte, Derek Chisora, Johann Duhaupus, Tony Thompson.

Looks like all the top heavies are picking over than lower portion of the top 20 on boxrec~

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          really?

you do realize for the past few decades every top p4p fighter was American

we are held to a higher standard because we dominated sport for so long except in the lil divisions below 126.......there was a black heavyweight champ 50 years straight most if not all were American.....p4p number 1 are usually american and half if not more of the top ten at certain times are American.

you might not like it but the standard is there because of previous success

other countries have had their share of loud mouths.....Hamed, McGregor, Froch, etc..its more to do with our accomplishments in the ring than the way we act outside bro
          I didnt disagree with that... but the point that was made was that people love smashin americans down when they dont do well from the huge standard made for them, because they are black and haymon fighters.

That isnt the case..

Americans are put on a plinth because your abilities and accolades in sport are second to none, but when you get someone who isnt American come along say.... Tyson Fury ? Conor Mcgregor? Lomachenko? ( im using all sports not just boxing) etc etc who could challenge that or dethrones you we will take pleasure in it.

That isnt because you are black, and if you had the same accolades you could be any other country. Its done because the people who have shouted and taunted for so long that they are the best at a certain thing, no longer have the right to shout that they are the best at a certain thing. especially when what they shout about being the best, has nowhere near proved it.

You might disagree that you arent the best, im not saying you are or arent, im giving you a reason why people love knocking dfown americans.

Comment

Because you need TV Dates and venues!!!! How can you book a fight in a week? I feel like I'm talking to a 2 year old.
            Yes you need TV and date venues, That's true.

So, and walk with me here, no date had been set before Povetkin got caught. right? right.
            So there's an option to settle a fight in August or September (we're in May now), right? right. -> If he chose this option - He could get a serious opponent who's not going to jump in with 5 weeks training, who's an actual contender

He CHOOSES to fight in July giving whoever guy 5 weeks to prepare. This just happened to be the fat slob Arreola. Why did he choose to fight in July when he knows no serious contender would take it?

Because he was in shape in May? Are you that fuking dumb? Are you listening to the BS you are coming out with?

I suppose now you're going to tell me that no TV or venues were available for a big heavyweight title clash in August or September

Comment

Why did it have to be on short notice? It's such a pathetic excuse.
              Because that is when he wanted to fight, he didn't want to sit around. Why does he have to fight on any schedule but his own?

Comment

Why did it have to be on short notice? It's such a pathetic excuse.
                yeah ive never understood that excuse, 'its at short notice'. So ****ing what, so if the original opponent pulls out why cant you fight anyone good? Why are you guys all so ****ing hung up on undefeated records, why cant they ever be risked? WHy couldnt wilder fight someone good, why did he have to drag arreola out of taco bell and stick a pair of gloves on him? If he lost, so what. The man in laced ups sig decided to fight a proven champ (diaz) when his opponent pulled out. He lost, who cares. Hes now a superstar and one of the biggest names in combat sport. Why in boxing are they allowed to fight a sorry state for an opponent if the original opponent pulls out?

Comment

Last year was it but the #1 ranked fighter was caught with PEDs. Unfortunately, Wilder suffered an injury against the replacement opponent which set his career back. Unfortunate to see such bad luck inflicted on a noble warrior that was willing to fight the #1 contender in a hostile environment.
                  "replacement opponent" two months after original fight date.

I'm in tears over this stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    yeah ive never understood that excuse, 'its at short notice'. So ****ing what, so if the original opponent pulls out why cant you fight anyone good? Why are you guys all so ****ing hung up on undefeated records, why cant they ever be risked? WHy couldnt wilder fight someone good, why did he have to drag arreola out of taco bell and stick a pair of gloves on him? If he lost, so what. The man in laced ups sig decided to fight a proven champ (diaz) when his opponent pulled out. He lost, who cares. Hes now a superstar and one of the biggest names in combat sport. Why in boxing are they allowed to fight a sorry state for an opponent if the original opponent pulls out?
                    They were fighting in Russia, so obviously couldn't put on the show without the Russian. That's completely understandable.

But they were under NO PRESSURE to make a fight in July and no one wanted to see Arreola.
                    It was all a sham to rob the public of money.

Comment

On his own turf. In Russia.

They said Wilder would duck Povetkin if Haymon lost the purse bid. That didn't happen. Povetkin's promoter won the bid, set the date in Russia, and Wilder was training overseas in preparation to make a title defense against a top heavyweight fighter.

Unfortunately, Povetkin wasn't confident enough in his abilities and tried to get away with cheating instead of battling the Bronze Bomber on a level playing field.

Instead, Wilder takes whatever he can get on short notice, injures himself in the fight, and suffers a setback. In his comeback fight, his opponent once again tests postive for PEDs resulting in another lower caliber short notice opponent.

I agree Wilder needs to improve his resume. But fact of the matter is that he tried to but his opponent was a coward and needed "extra advantages".
                      Wilder was going to fight Povetkin at a point when Povetkin was not no.2 heavyweight. Fury, Wlad were 1-2 by that point.

But I take your point, Wilder was finally fighting someone of note and yes, it fell through...so what? Wilder souldn't ever fight ag ood opponent again?

I don't get it, what exactly is the point? Fan shouldnt criticise a fighter who has not fought a isngle live opponent in 2 or 3 years or however long its been since he won the title. Theg uy had to go to war with 3 bums and a fring contender.

Seriously man, you're just as bad as the guys hwo have the other agenda. Just call it how it is. And suppor tthe heavyweights who are fighting each other e.g. AJ, Wlad, Parker and HF.

Comment

Working...
                      X