Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Charlo Should Fight Top 15 Middleweight, Become a Contender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: Charlo Should Fight Top 15 Middleweight, Become a Contender

Jermall Charlo's biggest win at junior middleweight was also his last one - the 154-pound titleholder is following his stoppage victory over Julian Williams by moving up to the middleweight division. He won't just jump straight in with the best 160-pounders out there. "Now he has to become a contender up there. He has to fight his way up the same way he did at 154," said Ronnie Shields, Charlo's trainer, in an interview with BoxingScene.com. "I am not in a rush. Jermall is a young guy. It's not like he's an old guy where you've got to rush him into something."
    [Click Here To Read More]

If You Hear the GGG haters tell it, 160 so Weak, Charlo will with automatically because king of the hill himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      He should fight N'Dam imo. Interim title is worthless, but in that case - whoever holds this belt will be ordered to fight Golovkin vs Canelo winner in early 2018...
      Plus it's a good fight in itself.
      That would be great.

Comment

Sergio Mora should be his first fight.

Comment

He has unfinished business at 154 in Andrade. Although waiting around for Andrade could be like waiting for a ride on the road to nowhere.

Derychenko
          Khurtzidse
          Heiland
          Willie Monroe

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            He has unfinished business at 154 in Andrade. Although waiting around for Andrade could be like waiting for a ride on the road to nowhere.

Derychenko
            Khurtzidse
            Heiland
            Willie Monroe
            Andrade is fighting for WBA regular title in March. After that he'll be Lara's mandatory.

Comment

always liked ronnie shields. not only is this what is best for the fighter, it is what is fair.

unless you're manny pacquiao or floyd mayweather people shouldn't feel these guys are entitled to immediate title shots once they move up in wieght.

charlo is a talented guy and i don't doubt that he can be successful at MW, but we have to see him prove himself against at least one contender before i want to see him get a shot at the real champion inthat division, the winner of golovkin - jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Sergio Mora should be his first fight.
                I think you are the only person on NSB that would want to see Sergio Mora fight again...

Comment

He should fight one of those Polar Bears Jacobs is using as sparring partners for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    I think you are the only person on NSB that would want to see Sergio Mora fight again...
                    It's a name on his resume. Just someone to get him familiar with the weight. From there he can fight someone like Willie Monroe or Dominic Wade. Than go for a title by years end.

Comment

Working...
                    X