Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez jr: I'm getting 20% of the PPV split. Golovkin gets flat fee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG is a solid fighter, but please stop trying to make him out to be some huge draw with a huge fanbase..it just isnt true...He has a solid following but not on a Chavez-Canelo level..Canelo is fighting Chavez jr for the same reason GGG wanted the fight and do you forget how ya'll were justifying it?

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      GGG is a solid fighter, but please stop trying to make him out to be some huge draw with a huge fanbase..it just isnt true...He has a solid following but not on a Chavez-Canelo level..Canelo is fighting Chavez jr for the same reason GGG wanted the fight and do you forget how ya'll were justifying it?
      chavez did 660k viewers and 9000 fans against reyes
      chaeve did 830k viewers and 8000 fans against fonfara

how is that a bigger draw than ggg? sure you can bring up fights from 4-5 years ago but what about now?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Summary: since leaving HBO 3 years ago Chavez has

1. Humiliating loss vs no name, half his HBO ratings
        2. UD over a bum, half his HBO numbers
        3. Untelevised UD over a bum, Haymon couldn't spare a date for his sorry a$$.

Crossover in Mexico, lolol you're a clown.
        In the three fights, Chavez Jr made more money than Golovkin's made in his four fights since Chavez Jr's first one.

Money talks., regardless of how hard you've tried to ignore that

Comment

• Chavez held out for a percentage, just as any legit draw would do, just as GGG's team is doing.

The idea that GBP doesn't know what the Canelo/GGG fight is worth and is overpaying with their offer of 15 million is laughably stupid. They have rooms full of bean counters to make sure they come away with as much money as possible.

No legitimate boxing writer or insider has said they think GGG should take that deal, because it's a bad deal.

Canelo has not made Mayweather/Pacman levels of PPV sales or money, he needs GGG also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            In the three fights, Chavez Jr made more money than Golovkin's made in his four fights since Chavez Jr's first one.

What Chavez gets paid from his promoter does mean he's a draw. If Haymon wants to pay me 10 million to fight in a closet with no audience, that doesn't mean I'm a boxing star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
              What Chavez gets paid from his promoter does mean he's a draw. If Haymon wants to pay me 10 million to fight in a closet with no audience, that doesn't mean I'm a boxing star.
              ... Chavez Jr is his own promoter; he hires out folks to help handle the logistics for him, but his own take still ends up being whatever revenue is left over after paying everyone.

Not a secret, lol.

Chavez Jr vs Reyes, with Warriors Boxing handling the logistics, was two full-on events,both of which using Chavez Jr's name to sell tickets, with fights being broadcast on CBS, Showtime and Televisa in Mexico.

Not Chavez Jr's fault that Golovkin has literally no control over his own events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

ward made 5 million against kovalev so i guess he's a bigger star than chavez jr? what a promoter pays a fighter does not determine his drawing power.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  ward made 5 million against kovalev so i guess he's a bigger star than chavez jr? what a promoter pays a fighter does not determine his drawing power.
                  Ward's value to Main Events (for a Kovalev fight in Las Vegas, after Kovalev's last shot in Las Vegas maybe sold 1000 tickets) was $5m; Andre Ward, outside of showing up for the fight, had near no say in any of the fight particulars.

Still, Andre Ward has fought in his native Oakland, and has had at least 4 fights sell over $700k at the gate, so he's a draw in his own right.

Does the money put behind Andre Ward's event come up to the money that is put behind Chavez Jr's fights? We'll see; Andre Ward now has three belts around his waist, Roc Nation Sports will likely take the lead on the coming Ward-Kovalev rematch, and we'll see what type of interest MGM Resorts has in Andre Ward going forward.

Comment

Working...
                  X