No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: No Pacquiao-Crawford Next, Pacquiao-Horn is Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    go ahead bob make pac vs horn on PPV! 25,000 PPV buys (maybe)
    arum said he wants the next fight off PPV. which is smarter for them as they won't lose money like a PPV would. if true, i have no problem with pacman fighting Horn lol on regular HBO

Comment

• Didn't Jeff Horn lose to Ronda Rousey?

Comment

• I understand why Arum wouldn't want the Crawford fight overseas, because that's not how you build a star in the United States. But THIS fight with Jeff Horn, would be quite disappointing if it actually happens. Jeff Horn has to beat somebody - put him in as Tim's comeback fight and if he happens to do something miraculous then you can sell this to us. There's a lot of guys that would fight Manny in Macao or somewhere overseas....I'm sure Kell Brook would if Crawford isn't ideal there.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Manny really doesn't have anything to prove and can do whatever, but if he is going to fight a guy like Jeff Horn that fight should be in Manilla for those fans to see him fight live.
        that's the only possible way Jeff Horn could be excused...and still I'm having a hard time doing it. I'm sure part of the incentive here is that he's going to come on the cheap and he hasn't done anything to have any demands...and maybe, just maybe this fight gets regular HBO coverage (which I think could help Manny's career).

Comment

• Who in the PHAK is HORN? what has he done to earn the Pacman pay out? BOB is just being BOB GREEDY OLD BASTARD! TC vs PAcman should be the Fight

Comment

• Did uncle Bob mean Keith Van Horn... That's a huge disadvantage for Pacman, guess Bob is looking to cash out

Comment

• Bob understands that even at this stage Pacquiao represents a serious risk for Crawford. He is just giving some time for Pacquiao to get old and shot, and at the same time give a bigger push to Crawford.

Promotion 101 guys.

Comment

• I usually give Bob the benefit of the doubt... but this is clearly the case of Bob wanting to keep this fight inhouse.

Horn is signed with Top Rank. And outside of him, Vargas, Bradley... Top Rank has run out of options.

Comment

• And yes, Bob also knows Pacquiao is still a threat to Crawford... In fact, Pac has a good shot at beating Bud. It's like a 50/50 fight.

Bob doesn't want to risk his future star to lose just yet.

Comment

• Fighting Horn on a non-PPV card is interesting...but such a waste for a guy like Manny. We all know he has a few fights left...likely 2 left...

but hey a non-PPV fight for Manny vs a top 10-15 guy.. Horn ranked #2 by WBO? ...is actually decent.

Its just Horn is such an unknown and also Pac has so few fights left.

Comment

• Crawford is a coward so nobody wants to see Pac chase after a runner. HOWEVER, I would rather see him fight a PBC WW. This would be a joke of a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X