Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Willing To Postpone Retirement To Fight at Rio Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
    It's like NBA players competing in the Olympics...oh wait.........
    No, it's not like that. The rules were changed to allow NBA players in the Olympics because America was sending college kids to compete with the best pros of other countries.

Allowing professional boxers into the Olympics is the exact opposite of allowing NBA players in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
      Nba players play against other pro athletes in olympics not amateurs
      nothing stopping other pros from fighting there....

I'm not against it...who gives a **** really....Every sport in the olympics has pros competing.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
        Eight titles and a Olympic GOLD, hmm then retire, what a run.
        What happen if a Young Eastern European spanks him or some Cuban

Comment

[QUOTE=Can'tHoldMeBack;16508710]Nba players play against other pro athletes in olympics not amateurs[/QUOTE

You clown, ALL PRO BOXERS WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO COMPETE IN THE OLYMPICS, NOT JUST MANNY! He'll face the best of each nation. Think about this for a second..pac vs Thurman/spence. Loma vs Santa cruz. Crawford vs Garcia..the Olympics might be our only hope to see these fights, even if it's nothing more than a glorified sparring match. I'd sign up for that.

Comment

[QUOTE=chepboxingking;16508758]
            Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
            Nba players play against other pro athletes in olympics not amateurs[/QUOTE

You clown, ALL PRO BOXERS WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO COMPETE IN THE OLYMPICS, NOT JUST MANNY! He'll face the best of each nation. Think about this for a second..pac vs Thurman/spence. Loma vs Santa cruz. Crawford vs Garcia..the Olympics might be our only hope to see these fights, even if it's nothing more than a glorified sparring match. I'd sign up for that.
            You're delusional if you think any of that has any chance of happening. The only two fighters that have shown any interest at all are Wlad and Pac, who are on the verge of retiring. And both should be ashamed if they do this.

There is zero chance that a substantial number of pro boxers will put their careers on hold to bother with the Olympics.

Comment

Love that Wlad and Manny are thinking about this. Hopefully more step up.
              I don't,the new rules basically allow seasoned pros to fight against young amateurs with no head gear. What sense does that make?

nothing stopping other pros from fighting there....

I'm not against it...who gives a **** really....Every sport in the olympics has pros competing.
              Boxing is different, some of these young, inexperienced fighters can get seriously injured competing against established professionals....

Comment

Just imagine all the top boxers from each country competing at the Olympics.

Won't happen though, it could damage a lot of fighters reputation/hype so they'll decline to do it.

Comment

[QUOTE=bojangles1987;16508775]
                  Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

You're delusional if you think any of that has any chance of happening. The only two fighters that have shown any interest at all are Wlad and Pac, who are on the verge of retiring. And both should be ashamed if they do this.

There is zero chance that a substantial number of pro boxers will put their careers on hold to bother with the Olympics.
                  not sure about Wlad, but I think Pac is only considering it to get political points. I know it's lame but that's my guess. And it's not like Pac is 20 years old, he's pretty up there in age. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually gets outboxed/outpointed by younger faster guys. Plus don't they wear headgear? So that's an advantage for Pac's opponents.

Comment

lol @ this guy if he fights in the Olympics.

Comment

Looking forward to this revolution in Olympic boxing

I hope it turns out that the best boxers go to the olympics, just like most other olympic sports. Its a little backward the system in place atm

Comment

Working...
                      X