Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Thomas Hearns would beat Floyd so easily?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    You should probably sit and watch that Benitez fight again.
    Why? How did you see it? I just remember Benitez against the ropes getting jabbed at and Hearns countering viciously when he dared to step to him.

Comment

Tommy would step in whenever Floyd ducks and chop Floyd with rights. KO4

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        I was trolling, my bad.

I agree, I think Hearns beats him on points clearly or stops him late. I also think Mayweather would be ultra defensive but if he were ultra aggressive, he would stand a much better chance. Hearns is vulnerable but I can't see Mayweather exploiting that, regardless I think he lands some really nice counters on The Hitman. But because of how I think he'd fight, he wouldn't be able to press when he hurts Hearns.

I want to echo the sentiment of the thread title doe, I think it's a really intriguing fight and not as simple as it may seem on paper.

no no, My bad.

I lack a sense of humour apparently!

Comment

To beat Hearns, you pretty much have to hurt him. Hagler did it; Leonard did it. But I don't think Floyd could do it. At welter, Hearns was both a brilliant boxer and a monster puncher. Leonard tried to outbox him and couldn't. He had to start brawling to win that fight. Not Floyd's forte. But still, I'd give Floyd a chance -- but I'd give Hearns the edge. It seems to me Floyd went out of his way to avoid long range, busy bombers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

no no, My bad.

I lack a sense of humour apparently!
            No no no, it was definitely my fault.

I've got myself in trouble a lot of times because I say serious shit with a deadpan tone and people have no idea if I'm being sarcastic.

So seeing you bite that was like when they aim to shoot the bad guy and kill the good guy instead.

Nice to see someone reppin' The Savage too. I think he comes undone against Skeete, I'll be impressed if he beats him 'cause in my mind Skeete is undefeated and has a win over Frankie Gavin. Eggington still young doe, he'll come back. Shame Skeete hasn't been promoted properly as he's not getting any younger at 28.

Comment

Because Hearns is a man?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Why? How did you see it? I just remember Benitez against the ropes getting jabbed at and Hearns countering viciously when he dared to step to him.
                The fight is on YouTube; same way most folks here have been able to see most of the other historical fights. Again, I'd advise you to watch the fight on YouTube.

Comment

Nobody beats Thomas Hearns in a 12 round fight at Welterweight.

Leonard managed to, but it was obviously a combination of serious fatigue that put down Hearns in the 14th round (or had him stopped anyways).

I don't give Floyd any better of a chance. Leonard was also taller/longer arms than Floyd, and definitely a fantastic fighter in his own right as well.

It's interesting, all these master fighters were typically fighting taller and leaner than the typical boxer in these current weight classes, presently. I feel like Boxers are too focused on getting big and buff with weights, that they fail to realize height/reach are just as important. Nowadays, I feel like every Welterweight is 155ish pounds and 5'7" - 5'8".

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    Floyd ring IQ is superior to Leonards so he would not have had to bring anything like you're suggesting. Work rate??? Where do use lot get this nonsense from. Floyd would disarm Hearns jab, there's no point one better at adjusting than Floyd.
                    You don't know what your talking about fella....to disarm a jab you have to be in range to counter it and then you have to Impose ur style onto his...floyd does not have the power or the size to do that....and you saw Oscar who was 10% of thomas Hearns....you also saw maidana out jab floyd in some rounds in there 2nd fight......floyd was 130lb natural fighter who would come up against one of the most dangerous fighters in history....hearns would literally ruin floyd within 4 rounds.....floyd 72' inch reach...thomas hearns 78' inch reach ...any man that thinks tiny floyd maywether beats thomas (hit man) hearns needs to seek some medical help

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      No no no, it was definitely my fault.

I've got myself in trouble a lot of times because I say serious shit with a deadpan tone and people have no idea if I'm being sarcastic.

So seeing you bite that was like when they aim to shoot the bad guy and kill the good guy instead.

Nice to see someone reppin' The Savage too. I think he comes undone against Skeete, I'll be impressed if he beats him 'cause in my mind Skeete is undefeated and has a win over Frankie Gavin. Eggington still young doe, he'll come back. Shame Skeete hasn't been promoted properly as he's not getting any younger at 28.
                      Yeah man Skeetes decent, not a fighter casuals will ever latch on to though.. I think Eggington can win, the Egg can almost match him for height and length which could be interesting. Wont have to start his attacks from way out of range like a normal Skeete opponent. Skeete has a very robbable style too, and Hearn won the purse so who knows

I think Egg has a lot of natural talent, not the kind that our highly rated ams have, but a fighters instinct for timing and shot selection. If they can harness that with a bit of defensive nouse i reckon he can have a good career.

Comment

Working...
                      X