Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I was not impressed with the performance BTW, I was more impressed with Rees. The stoppage sucked, but it was a European trainer, those guys and their refs are known to stop fights too early. I also didn't like how Broner looked in the first two rounds and how much he got caught after that. I don't care if he didn't feel the punches. I felt disappointed last night, despite thinking Rees would last 12 rounds. I thought it would be a 12 round beating and a great performance. That was not a great performance, it was decent at best.
    So. What. You would have liked to have seen Gavin take that kind of a beating for 12 rounds? Hello? Adrien is that you? "Shortboa"

You got something against little folk?

Comment

rees was dominating the fight until a series of lucky punches that broner landed. i would pick rees all day in the rematch.

Comment

Rees caught him clean plenty of times, there was just no power behind those punches. If someone with Rees's handspeed or faster handspeed, but more power, tags Broner that much, he'd be in trouble
        Don't bother man, some people are looking for the next star of the sport and would like to receive credit or saying they spotted him early on. It doesn't matter what you try to point out, it will fall on def ears (blind eyes in the case of the forum). All you need to do is look at the bruises under his eyes during the Kellerman post-fight interview. Yeah, it was a 5 ft-4 in, 135 pound guy with about a 10 in reach deficit that did that..........but he's gonna dominate at 140 though.....

Comment

Finest adjustment I've seen since Round 2 of Pac-Marquez 1. No ****.

Comment

Honestly, Broner was still getting hit with some shots that were very clean on the chin throughout the fight, and good body punches, Rees just never had that type of power. Will be interesting to see Broner at 140-47, where guys can really crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              I just wonder if that will hold up against bigger fighters..IMO Broner looks ready to move up right now,I'd be happy if he gave Vasquez a shot..But I'm really interested in seeing how he handles bigger fighters,or fighters who are his same size..
              If his power stays world class moving up, along with the natural improvement we can expect from someone so young continuing to gain experience, then the only thing that would stop him from dominating for a long time would be if his chin gets exposed. We can see he has the skills and speed.

Can't wait until he gets to 140. We'll see the fights that show whether Broner has these attributes or not.

Comment

Broner doesn't have punching power. Not sure where everyone is getting that from. Sure, he's more offensive than Floyd, but that doesn't automatically make him a hard hitter.

Rees was taking shot after shot and was getting overwhelmed, not overpowered. Rees' handspeed was actually superior to Broner's, which also surprised me.

I like Broner's ability, but he's fighting with a style that his athleticism isn't quite on par with. As he improves, he'll be more convincing, but it just looks awkward now.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
                  Broner doesn't have punching power. Not sure where everyone is getting that from. Sure, he's more offensive than Floyd, but that doesn't automatically make him a hard hitter.

Rees was taking shot after shot and was getting overwhelmed, not overpowered. Rees' handspeed was actually superior to Broner's, which also surprised me.

I like Broner's ability, but he's fighting with a style that his athleticism isn't quite on par with. As he improves, he'll be more convincing, but it just looks awkward now.
                  So, do you think its a coincidence or something that his last four or five opponents are hitting the mat and looking completely out of it by the 3rd or 4th round? That's happening because of how hard Broner hits. No one's been able to take it recently. They all look good until Broner starts hitting them cleanly, and then suddenly they are wobbly for as long as it takes Broner to finish them off, round after round.

Comment

I was not impressed with the performance BTW, I was more impressed with Rees. The stoppage sucked, but it was a European trainer, those guys and their refs are known to stop fights too early. I also didn't like how Broner looked in the first two rounds and how much he got caught after that. I don't care if he didn't feel the punches. I felt disappointed last night, despite thinking Rees would last 12 rounds. I thought it would be a 12 round beating and a great performance. That was not a great performance, it was decent at best.
                    Is your post serious? Rees would not have lasted 12 rounds and his corner did the right thing taking him out, Broner was beating him at will and he had zero chance of winning, continuing the fight would only shave years off of his career and quality of life.

I wasn't impressed by Broner's performance but at the same time I think people are reading too much into him getting tagged. Few of the punches clipped him cleanly and in addition to that they didn't bother him. Against a harder hitter he'd obviously fight with greater caution.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      rees was dominating the fight until a series of lucky punches that broner landed. i would pick rees all day in the rematch.
                      What the ****...........are you smoking?

Comment

Working...
                      X