Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Sad Is It That 3/5 Top P4P'ers are 35 Yrs Old and Up ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Sad Is It That 3/5 Top P4P'ers are 35 Yrs Old and Up ?

Damn that is some sad, sad stuff. Mayweather, Marquez, Martinez combined are over 100 years old.

Then on the lower end there is Froch who is like 35 and Pac who is getting up there too.

Where are the new Future hall of famers!?!

Not to mention Donaire is 30 as well. Although I think he still has a long run in him.

Comment

They're special fighters

Comment

broner is our last hope...too bad he will get crushed by rees. that midget power will overwhelm him rees tko 12.

Comment

In just over a year all of the current 10 ( with the exception of Broner) will be in their 30s. Younger generation is slacking off.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            In just over a year all of the current 10 ( with the exception of Broner) will be in their 30s. Younger generation is slacking off.
            jesus christ. put down the damn ipods

Comment

I blame the amateur system. The scoring rules favor pitty pat combination punching and outside fighting.

Comment

You don't get in the p4p because you're young. :ANYWORD: it takes time to prove your worth. And that means you will have to get older. And some are put in there for promotional reason. Like Floyd and Broner.

Comment

Modern medicine, man. People can fight longer then they could before thanks to the improvements in medicine and sports science.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    I blame the amateur system. The scoring rules favor pitty pat combination punching and outside fighting.
                    Amateur system has nothing to do with they just aren't good enough. Look at some of the younger big names out there, Ortiz, Canelo, Rios, Mattysse, Chavez Jr. All of them can crack and none of them are what I'd call pity pat punchers they just aren't good enough.

If I'm to offer my take on things I think the current situation is down to the wrong fighters getting exposure. There are probably a lot of p4p or fighters with the potential to become p4p level sitting around in obscurity and failing to get developed. Nowadays stars become stars before they prove it with their sweat, investments are protected so they don't move up the ranks.

Comment

Working...
                    X